Sunday, June 11, 2023

These Women Are My Heart !

The sun has set on another gathering.


We all gathered Wednesday, and I was given a retirement dinner.
Donna cooked the most amazing meal and to top it off she had chocolate cake with PeanutButter frosting!!!! There were gifts amazing, wonderful gifts! I chose this glass for my wine for the rest of our gathering. 

Then we showed our challenge project. Dayle sent bits and pieces and we were to make something from them and bring to the gathering. I thought I was pretty clever ummm not so much!

Bonnie took her pieces and made them into a journal. And I do mean made. She laced in hand dyed papers and all just amazing!

Donna took her pieces and wrapped them around a rectangular vase and added mod podge to them to make them stiff voilà a container! 
Sorry not a great picture but a great piece!



And Dayle sewed hers to make a decoration to a bag! oh I need to step up my game! 
My head swam with all the amazing crafts that were being done or shown wow. I have lots of ideas and plans for this winter but wow I will never live long enough!

We went to Camp wool aways fun!

While the weather was not the best, we made the best of it lots of walks on the beach and outings. 

I think someone was following us lol.


 

I worked on my block on our down time. I made one huge mistake and yes, I will fix it but not right now. 
We laughed until we could not breath. There were hugs and stories and food oh the food! 

Saturday afternoon I went down the beach to stay over night with my longtime friend. This morning we got out early and walked. It is at a place called Ludhom farm it has so many trails it is a beautiful property. 

We met bird watchers such a great place for that. And it goes all the way to the ocean.



So, we walked the ocean we walked a lot I think it was a good thing because I ate a lot over the days there.  
I headed for home today it is good to be home, but I miss them already.
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and have a creative week.

16 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend-so happy your friends had a retirement party for you-hugs-all sounds sooo fun too

Anonymous said...

The last few days were awesome. The creative juices were flowing. It was so good to get away and spend time together but I too am glad to be home. ❤️

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a great way to start retirement!!1
So much creativity. Is yours the whale tail? I think that is VERY creative!!! So much better than I could have come up with.
On to more retirement adventures!!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like a lovely gathering of friends. So glad you could participate and that you are enjoying your retirement! Have a good week.

Julia said...

I think your whale creation is so appropriate to symbolize that you had a whale of a time with your friends. Everyone was very creative. So glad that you had a great time celebrating your retirement and gathering with friends.

Enjoy the new week.
Hugs,
Julia

Bonnie K said...

Wow! You are lucky. What a great way to celebrate retirement. I am very happy for you. Love the scrap project. Interesting how everyone did something so different.

yaya said...

So fun! All the creations were awesome, including yours! What a great time with good food and friends. I'm heading home very early tomorrow morning from Oregon. I'll blog about when I get back. Have a good week without the stress of work!

Saundra said...

You certainly have a whale of a tale to tell about the celebratory retirement party. Talented ladies for sure. Agree it is fun to getaway but always wonderful to see the driveway at home.

Marcia said...

What a nice retirement get together.

Jeanie said...

Isn't it glorious to be with people who make you laugh so hard? And what good friends to pull out the stops for you. I loved all the creative pieces you shared. Now THAT is the way to start retirement!

TheCrankyCrow said...

It sounds like an amazing time....and like you have some amazing friends. You certainly know how to kick things off with a bang. Love all the creativity with the scrap challenge...but I really love yours (assuming yours is that first one). And while the others see a whale, I see a mermaid. 🧜🏻‍♀️ ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Always a blast when good friends get together and laughs go all around. Some nice achievements in those designs. Better than I could imagine doing. Janice

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Happy Retirement & Laughs! Your party with friends sounds fabulous.
Beautifil crafts, they are inspirational.

Haddock said...

I wonder who that is ? (following you)

WoolenSails said...

The retreat sounds fun and I think your piece is wonderful. We are always our own worst critic. Miss B is growing up so fast and looks beautiful in her costumes.

Debbie

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

I do love the kitchen...I had white knobs for years (barn red cupboards) and then decided I hated them too! I just bought wooden ones and painted them red to match the cupboards. Thought of you today...I picked up a geranium, will try to keep it over the winter with your good advice!