Sunday, June 18, 2023

Funky!

So very true my muscles have been screaming! 

But oh my gardens are really starting to come together. the fairy roses.

They are loaded with buds! When they start, they will bloom until the first hard frost. 

These are my solar flowers that glow at night. The fireflies have also come, and the nights are just full of magic with all the blinking. There are many more this year than there were last year. 

Our electric co-op was offering 30.00 each (max 2)to turn in old air conditioners. Since we have to pay the dump to take them, and we had 2 that needed to go off we went to their collection site Home Depot. I would rather get 60.00 back than pay to have them taken away. 
While were there we shopped. 
I have wanted to update my kitchen knobs. So, 29 knobs later and lots of $.

I got black hated them took them out put the white back and now I need to go back to return them. I think brushed stainless maybe.
Still loving my blue cupboards that I put in 35 years ago that are all the style now.  

I bought these pants at walmart in the mark downs. They had the big patch on them. 
I stitched the little patch and put it on. I think I really like it! Funky!

speaking of stitching block 4! Like I said I am playing fast and loose with the colors but so far so good. 

And I have had a bit of time for baking. Blueberry muffins.
Tomorrow, I have to bake whoopie pies for Sweet B. 

Because this little firecracker is stepping up to middle school tomorrow. Not sure where that time went! 
***
Happy Father's Day to all you dads. 
Husband had a good day dinner out with our family and some gifts. 
***
This coming week I am redoing yet another garden. I took the time today to look things over to see what I have that can be moved. And there is lots of weeding to be done. These gardens have been so neglected over the years there just never seemed to be enough time. 
***
 Summer weather is finally coming by the end of the week, so I need to finish up my major gardening before the heat hits. We have had lots of rain but on the sunny days 70 and lovely.
Have a wonderful week!



10 comments:

Saundra said...

Are the "solar flowers" really solar lights you purchased? I've never seen them but also have never looked for them. Have fun going thru the latent 'hippy era' with those cool jeans.

Bonnie K said...

Everything looks grand! The muffins look delicious. Sorry the knobs didn't work out. I know how that goes. I like the jeans.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Retirement suits you!!! I am sure you are busier than ever but getting fun stuff done that you did not have time for while you worked. Enjoy every minute of it. You deserve it.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yikes...I think you are working harder now that you are retired than you did before. But at least it is things your heart loves. I love your cupboards. That is what I had in mind when we remodeled but every place I talked to about my "vision" looked like deer in the headlights. I am not happy with what I ended up with, but there won't be any changing them now. I actually like your black knobs? But I am sure a brushed silver would "pop" more. I was thinking of making blueberry muffins too but didn't feel like going to town to get blueberries. The main road for us is under construction so wherever I go, there is an additional 20 minutes at least added to my already somewhat lengthy drive. Grrrr. The hot stickies are settling in here this week as well, but still no rain for us. A few drops yesterday but it didn't even wet all areas completely. ~Robin~

Kay G. said...

Oh that made me chuckle when you got those knobs and then, didn't like them! That sounds just like me! 😊 I do love the color of your cabinets so much! You were trendy before your time.

Julia said...

I like the white knobs much better than the black but a polished silver would be a bit classier.

It sounds like you are making the most out of your retirement time doing what pleases you. I'm retired but can never find me time except when I sit at the computer sipping my tea.

Miss B. looks cute with the small horse. Now you can have more time with her.

Take care and enjoy your free time.
Hugs, Julia

Marcia said...

We got 2 inches form that rain on Saturday. Meriden north of us had 3 inches in over an hour's time and major road washouts. Everything is green and growing.

Prims By The Water said...

Thankfully Bob has been tending my gardens or they would be miserable. I wish I could have my roses bushes here...dont need any more snakes than I already have. How cute is sweet B with her gorse. Janice

yaya said...

I love your cabinets and you were a trend setter and didn't know it! I think the brush nickel will look great on them. You're doing the retirement thing in big way! I know that you'll not be bored with all that gardening. I didn't work the past two weeks because of vacation to Oregon and family visiting but I signed up for the next 2 weeks to work 7 days! So dumb! I'm seriously thinking of calling it quits...just taking it one day at a time! Have a good week Cathy!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I think you are right that the black cabinet knobs didn't look right and brushed stainless sounds like a better choice as you said. Yes, ibuprofen is also much appreciated in our household.