Thursday, June 15, 2023

Geranium update

My Geranium is doing so well. 
It started like this April 12th. Not a bad turnaround.
And it saved me lots of $$$



I have had more gardening time the past few days, so I am transplanting, weeding, and putting in the few veggies I grow.
My peony is starting to bloom smells so wonderful. 

And speaking of smelling wonderful this old-fashioned rose bush is in full glory. It too smells wonderful. 

My Hosta is doing well too. We have had rain most evenings lately and sunny days. Everything is green and growing by leaps and bounds. 



My iris are starting to fade. 

I have a few different colors all of them were given to me over the years.

I battle the ferns in this garden.

I only have a couple of the yellow iris. 

While I was in Maine all these ideas kept coming out from those crazy talented women. Well, this was one. To paint your rusty garden iron a bright color so it really shows up. So, I did! Husband sat on the porch and said "ohhh I like what you did with the piece of iron." I do say you can see the piece better. 
I am proud of myself for not spending much on plants this year I am moving plants around and making do. I think I have spent 45.00 which is down by a couple of hundred! I am always crazy for flowers in the spring. 

Donna roasted her chicken breast with a mayo mix. It stayed moist and wonderful. So, I tried it, and it was great! I just mixed mayo with some dry ranch mix and sprinkled with breadcrumbs. You could use any flavor combo you like. 
***
I am hosting my women's group the end of June we haven't been together in some time, so everyone is excited and ready. 14-16 women!
Drinks, food, and good friends what could be better?? Nothing!
***
Not much crafting time I take a shower at the end of the day and curl up for a show or two and head to bed. My poor old bones are sore from all the digging, pulling, and lugging.
Have a wonderful week. I pray you are all safe from the awful storms. 




13 comments:

Saundra said...

Am blown away with the rebirth of your Geraniums. Of course the rest of the flowers are beautiful too. I hear a little giddiness in your words with the recent retirement, you deserve it.

kathyinozarks said...

How old is your geranium? i did what you did several years ago with an expensive geranium I had bought-It lasted several years doing that-does save money. I spent way too much money this year-I was in shock when they told me my bill-yikes I won't do that again. will look for more flower seeds to start instead.
I love your painted iron too-great idea and keeps the rust down too. enjoyed seeing all of your blooms-so pretty, this will be the first year my echnicahea is full of blooms ready to open-can't wait.
enjoy all your friend hugs Kathy

Buttercup said...

Love the iris pictures and I'm inspired by your geranium. I think I need one, too, to cheer up my kitchen. Have a great week!

Julia said...

You have a green thumb with that geranium. This is its third year if I'm not mistaken.

My Irises are blooming and some that are in a bit of shade are in buds and my Peonies are in buds also. Being beside the river, it's cooler here.
I somehow missed the painted iron and will go back to take a look.

Take care, hugs
Julia

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your garden is looking great, Cathy, and not spending a lot of money is always a good thing too. Amazing how the geraniums spring back to life. I never remember having any of mine do that, but then I never wintered them over, and even though VA had milder weather than NH they never came back the next year. Sounds like you have a great get together coming up. Thanks too for the mayo and chicken recipe.

Rugs and Pugs said...

All your flowers look great!!! I will need to try your geranium trick this fall.
I spent right around $100 on plants and some were a splurge because I had a $100 gift card...otherwise they would not have been purchased.
I will try that mayo chicken breast. TFS.
Me thinks retirement suits you...but I knew it would!!!

Jeanie said...

Next year I will try to follow your lead with the geraniums. They looks great!

Prims By The Water said...

WOW your green thumb helped that geranium. Love your iron. At first I thought it was blue flower, but then realized it was a beautiful colored iron pieces. Great job! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your geranium is going gangbusters!! I so have to finally remember this this fall....I do have a geranium of which I am particularly fond this year. Your irises are gorgeous too - so many different colors! Lauren, too, has so many wonderful variations. I gave up on irises....They were so difficult to weed with their rhizome structure and, inevitably, no matter how deep their purple, they would ultimately all turn yellow after a few years. Fun painted fence...but I know I would never bring myself to do it. For some reason I am in love with rust LOL. ~Robin~

Hill Top Post said...

It is almost magical how quickly you have beautiful flowers blooming all over. Wow! I am not surprised how hard you are working. Hopefully you sleep well when you go to bed.

Marcia said...

You flowers look great. As I planted the geraniums I purchased this week I told my sister who was visiting from PA that I would have to try your method of wintering them over this fall. I hope you post about that again in the fall when you do it.

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Wow those geraniums are spectacular...what a green thumb you have, such a wonderful way to save $. I will definitely try that this fall. Everything really looks so lovely!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Bravo Cathy!
The geranuims are fantstic so many wintered over. I agree, the blue paint is beautiful. I thought before looking closer, they were flowers. I thought orange for an garden perk up accent. I see in your garden, blue is better.