Wednesday, June 21, 2023

A Rock Star!

Happy solstice my friends now on to summer!
The Faires are dancing in my garden tonight, magic* 

My walk today was magical too... An empty nest...

A beautiful butterfly...

Lovely iris on the side of the road.


This kid right here is a rock star!!! 

She won 3 major awards at step up night! 
She is now a 7th grader! My beautiful brilliant Sweet B.
My rose bush in so loaded this year it is falling forward and as you can see it is a large bush. I will be cutting it back when it is done blooming, so it doesn't split. 
****
I have a surplus of energy lately not sure if it is the freedom of retirement or I am getting more exercise and it fires up my energy.
I am a "Don't matter cleaner. If I can't see it,it don't matter"
Like under things etc. Well today I cleaned my oven I mean I got in there with a scrubby and cleaner. Then I washed the floor, changed sheets, and did laundry and cleaned bathrooms. Plus a bit of gardening!!!And that was after a 3-mile walk. Not sure what is fueling it, but I sure hope it lasts. 
Happy Summer!






12 comments:

Saundra said...

Yup sounds like a newbie retiree, lol. Cannot believe how fast your grand has grown before our eyes, WOW!!! Congrats to her and hope she stays on course.

Julia said...

Too bad you can't bottle up the extra energy for when you need it. I think I get more energized in early summer.

Miss B sure looks all grown up. Congratulations on all her awards. She rocks.

It will be sunny again tomorrow and we are supposed to have showers all next week. 😭

Enjoy the extra energy while it last.
Hugs, Julia

Hill Top Post said...

I like to think the fairies are dancing in my garden tonight too. After I retired, I always wondered how I had time to work. Congratulations to your Sweet B.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Lovely pictures of Sweet B. I know that you are very proud of her. They sure do grow up quickly. Wow, you are really getting a lot done. Sounds like you are enjoying retirement! I am sure looking forward to retiring. You are now my role model! I have been slacking off on my cleaning because we are so busy every day with our move. Enjoy the rest of the week.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I want some of whatever it is you're on LOL. And congrats to beautiful Miss B! What a way to "step up." It must be a good year for roses as mine are overloaded as well - so very heavy with blooms it is hard to see the leaves. Yes, last night was a magical night in the gardens....the fairies and the fireflies were making the most of it. Never have I seen so many twinkling lights. ~Robin~

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Congratulations Sweet B!
Happy Summer

Jeanie said...

I love that you have dancing fairies! Three cheers for Miss B!

Rugs and Pugs said...

I like that...don't matter cleaner. I am one of those, too. Sadly I have not gotten a burst of energy.
Miss B is so grown up. What a little beauty. You have so many reasons to be proud.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Wow, Cathy, you do have a lot of energy to have done that walk and then all that cleaning! Your granddaughter is growing up fast, like our own soon-to-be 13 year old, and she is as lovely as she is smart. You have good reason to be proud! Rain is forecast here for the next XX number of days.

yaya said...

Miss B grew up when we blinked! What a lovely young lady and congrats on her awards. I worked too many hours this week and feeling it tonight. I get a lot done and feel better when I keep moving but would prefer to use the energy in the garden instead of the hospital. Not sure how I got caught up in the rat race again but I'm planning to make changes there. I worked 9 1/2 hrs today with no break or lunch. I'm over it! Your roses are amazing and I love watching the fairies..fireflies...light up our backyard! Have a good weekend Cathy!

Liz Hinds said...

Oh my! I am just the opposite today. No energy or enthusiasm. Send me some of yours please.

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Congrats on the awards...what fun for all of you! Enjoy that burst of energy, and send some my way!