Sunday, June 4, 2023

Complete Joy!

Recital time and when you see your grand dance with that smile. You know she is doing something she loves!

She did such a great job and so wonderful to watch her.
she is growing up much to fast!

We have loved watching the blue birds raise their family. They must almost be ready to go out on their own. He is standing watch while she is going back and forth with food. 

I told you a while ago that husband went on house clean out and found this. I think it was used for medicine, but I may use it for cooking. The glass is very thin! Such a cute box to store it in. 

We went from record heat to record cold in one day! 
the high temp today was 52.I had a breast of Chicken so I made soup.

And fresh rolls. 

A quiet day I worked on my quilt (more on that later). 
and did a bit of cleaning. I am getting things ready to head to Maine on Wednesday. I so looking forward to seeing my sweet friends. 
****
Thank you for all your kindness on my last post. I am proud of myself for not giving in I am famous for that. Just anything to help out and putting myself last.  
Have a wonderful week! 



12 comments:

Julia said...

I can tell Miss B. is a natural at dancing. She looks so graceful. Your soup and rolls must have hit the spot in this cold weather. I made some too. We had planned to plant our vegetables but this wet cold weather is preventing us from doing so. It was so cold that I had to bring all my plants in and I have a lot.

I'm somewhat a bit like you and I always serve myself last but lately, I've learned to say no and like you, I'm glad I did.

How lucky to have a family of bluebirds in your yard. I've never seen one here.
Hugs,
Julia

Bonnie K said...

I so wish I could dance. She looks elegant. Your meal looks perfect. You are a woman after my own heart with a hearty homemade meal. Our first home had a bluebird family. It was fun to watch them grow. Thank you for sharing.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I can tell that you are already enjoying your retirement. We had a cool and wet week here as well. Your soup sounds so delicious! The pictures from your granddaughter's recital are precious! Have a great week.

yaya said...

Miss B is so sweet and cute! It's fun to watch them enjoy their life and activities. Your soup looks so good and we were pretty chilly this morning...48! Going to be cool this week but no rain yet. It's been about a month without rain. The farmers are getting nervous! You're going to Maine and I'm heading to Oregon..2 opposite ends of our beautiful country! Enjoy your trip and enjoy your new season of life!

Jeanie said...

I know you were so proud of her -- she's darling! Love that little glass for cooking -- that's a great idea. Looks to me like retirement is off to a terrific start!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I can hear the relaxation in your words...Miss B, bluebirds, cooking, crafting and preparing for some fun with friends. All the things you love best. Now that is how life should be. Enjoy and soak it up! ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Safe travels!!! I know you and your hooking buddies will have a ball!
Miss B is the sweetest ballerina ever, but I don't need to tell grandma that...lol!
How cool you have bluebirds. I don't believe I have ever actually seen one.
Enjoy this new chapter of your life. Retirement is THE BEST!

Marcia said...

It was quite a temperature drop here. 90º one day and 50º the next. We put a quilt back on the bed and turned on the heat. At least we got almost an inch of rain with it.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Bravo Dancer!
Have a safe and lovely trip

Hill Top Post said...

I know much you enjoyed seeing your precious granddaughter's performance. I hope you have a wonderful week with your special friends.

Prims By The Water said...

And you should be proud of yourself! Such a sweet smile on sweet B's face! She is growing up fast. How neat to have bluebirds. I see the occasional Baltimore Oriole now. Have fun in Maine! Janice

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Cathy, already it shows that retirement totally agrees with you and wonderful to read about your enjoyment of your granddaughter’s performance, and hers as well. It is great that you will be getting away to enjiy time with friends in Maine.