Wednesday, June 28, 2023

My Cup Runneth Over

The door was decorated, and the house was ready.
to welcome my women's group. 


This group of women are so wonderful. We haven't seen each other. 
but once since covid. But when the doors opened, and they started gathering the house came alive with happy chatter, hugs, and food oh there was food! I cannot wait until we gather again!!!

And they brought me gifts of flowers and eggs! There is nothing better than farm fresh eggs. 

This morning early, I saw our tree shaking like crazy. And out plopped a young bear! I ran to find my phone that is why shaky pictures lol. 

There he is going over our rock wall headed into the woods. I would say his mother kicked him out this year because she has new cubs, so he is wandering around looking to get into trouble. 

After the morning excitement I headed off with these two for some thrift store shopping and out to lunch. My perfect day is being with my daughter and grand. 

My finds are llbean long sleeve t-shirt, EMS hiking pants, some earrings, and the sweetest theorem painted lamb. All less than $9.00

I also dropped off another box of no longer used items at the thrift store. It feels good to purge now for the upstairs and attic. I have an abundance of cookbooks and my recipe boxes are a mess that will be my winter project to organize. 
****
We have had so much rain I mean a lot! 
I do hope the clouds part and the sun shines for the 4th of July.  
Not to mention my gardens are so soggy.
Have a wonderful week! 


11 comments:

Saundra said...

A great collection of gals you have in your group and so many years since you last gathered.

What a score at the thrift shop with the LL Bean shirt!! I also need to do more purging as it has been a while since I dropped off something there. As much as I'm tempted to go inside I've SO FAR resisted that idea ~ the drop off at mine is outside in the back of the store.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I would be happy for you to share the rain with northern Ohio. No need to share the bears, though.
How wonderful you were able to get together with your friends and then spend time with your daughter and Miss B.
Life is good!!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

That is one large group...yikes! No way I'd fit a group like that. And, nope, nothing better than fresh eggs. Fun finds...I need to go to a thrift store as I'm looking for a certain color book for a stitching finish...but I'm reluctant to as I know "other things" will follow me home. We had 2.5+" of rain last Saturday night through Sunday but nothing since. They had said maybe today again but nope. It's been so smoky though that I am not sure I would be able to tell? I feel like I've been camping all week. ~Robin~ (You are so adorable!)

kathyinozarks said...

great find with the LL Bean shirt Over the years I have bought different items from them My Mom bought allot from them. I have a pair boots made by them that are at least 40 years old or moe. love their flannel sheets too.
your blessed to have such a great circle of friends-we are opposite no rain and high heat-we will be in the 100's tomorrow-a bit much for my flower gardens.
Happy 4th and weekend hugs Kathy

Prims By The Water said...

Yikes on the bear sighting once again. Fresh eggs are the BEST! We have had rain now for 4 days and today we had a hazard warning for the Canadian wildfire smoke. I would not even let Tundra outside alone. Put him on his leash to do his business, then right back inside. How fun to have your group all gathered again. I know you had loads of fun! Janice

Deb J. in Utah said...

You certainly are enjoying retirement! So glad. :-)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Cathy, you have been busy since retirement and what a wonderful gathering of you and your friends and then with your daughter and granddaughter. Hope that young bear finds other places to visit in the future.

yaya said...

So fun to gather with friends! But even better with family. I think you scored big on the finds! We've had rain too but worse is the hazy stuff from Canada's fires! Smells bad too! I hope you do have good weather for the 4th. We're not doing anything great but I have a few painting projects to get started on. Take care Cathy!

dkzody said...

Your women's group is a wonderful memory of a good time had by all. So glad you can start meeting again.

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

I love the screen door - such a lovely color of red! And it's so nice to get with friends, when you feel like no time has passed and you can pick up right where you left off! Good for you. And flowers and eggs...no better gifts! Mary

Liz Hinds said...

Time with family and friends is always good.