Sunday, May 12, 2024

We Could Use Some Warm Weather

I know I show my walk a lot, but it changes so much with the seasons. Even though it was overcast and chilly it was still pretty. 

I even caught a chickadee making a home in this pottery bottle.
We have had it for years and no bird has ever bothered with it. So, it was exciting to see some interest. 




Bee butts, when you walk by this bush all you hear is "buzz" and then all you see is bee butts. They work so hard all day. 

Black gold! This is from my composter; it was so rich and beautiful. I put it in my gardens to amend my soil. I will work on another barrel all summer. It is made from veggie scraps and peelings and free!

This made me laugh but a clown? and a crystal ball? lol.

We celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday so my daughter would have Sunday with her family. They took us out to a wonderful lunch and bought me this pewter bracelet. do they know me or what??

I had a day with my bff we hit a couple of thrift stores, had lunch, and a nice long walk. This is my thrift haul 2 sets of extra-long twin sheets that will fit our adjustable beds, 5.00 a set (new)
A set of battery-operated candles with the batteries for 5.00. They will look great on my porch this summer. A box of Monet notes cards with 2 missing 1.00. And one leather purse(new) 3.00 total 19.00 and all things I will use.  

I finished The Women by Kristen Hannah, that is a must read about a nurse who went to Vietnam. 
This is historical fiction of Churchill's wife Lady Clementine. 
I hope for another good read. 
******
A very big week ahead I have 12 to 15 of my sweet women's group coming on Tuesday. Apps and wine everyone usually brings something to share so there is always so much food, but the best part is getting to hug and see everyone!!! We haven't gathered since Christmas. I love this group so much! 
I have some annual tests on Wednesday and then next weekend is recital time for my sweet B. It will be her first-time preforming on toe!
****
Our weather has been dreary chilly overcast threating to rain. 
The northern lights were very visible this Friday, husband and I saw the streaks and a bit of color now and then, but people were posting pictures of all this crazy color. It turns out you had to do some fancy stuff on your phone to get the color. It is overcast now so no chance of seeing them tonight. 
Have a wonderful week!

14 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day. I love the bracelet you received! So glad you are getting together with your group of friends, then watching your granddaughter perform. Wow, I love that compost. So healthy and enriching for your garden! Have a great week. See you again soon.

Saundra said...

Love the Chickadee has found a lovely new nest. When I was into gardening I had a 'black gold' compost pile made of the same ingredients and would turn it every so often. Now cutting grass and other necessary maintenance is all I can handle.
You had a great Mother's Day for sure. Oh, have always wondered what your granddaughter's real name is, not the one you refer to as Miss B, but her real name.

The Happy Whisk said...

Glad you had a wonderful time. Clown? Maybe because mom's entertain their kids too. Crystal ball? I dunno. Maybe because moms think they know what is best for the future. Or, maybe because some folks go to crystal ball tellers for advice?

Julia said...

Happy Mother's Day, Cathy. You always have a lot of fun planned ahead of time. Enjoy Miss B.'s performance and time with your friends.

Homemade compost is the best. I'm in the process of screening mine. I put peelings, paper towels, grinds, and crushed eggshells. I took a picture for a blog post but that's as far as it went.

Take care, hugs.
Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

I never tire of seeing your walking path. I used to have a large compost bin but...then, snakes happened and that was the end of that LOL. But your "black gold" looks amazing. Special settings on the phone for photos of the northern lights? I know my photos weren't as good as many (most) I've seen posted but I thought the colors turned out fairly well and I didn't do anything special with my phone? (I'm kinda phone stupid in that regard.) Now you have me curious. Sounds like another fun week ahead (well, medical appts aside). Good luck to Miss B. Love your new bracelet! ~Robin~

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The nice thing about blogging is that folks show their area and it is always nice to see yiur walking path too. I show enough photos of our window views😀You had a nice collection of finds at the thrift store too and always great to find bargains you will use.

Marie Smith said...

I love the first two photos especially. The new green of spring is one of my favourite times of year. Have a great week.

Chatty Crone said...

I love the compost you have and the chickadee finding new places in your yard. I am finally getting some birds. It was the seed I think.
Love your mother's day bracelet.
Don't mother's have a crystal ball to see into the future and a clown to make kids laugh?

Debbie said...

i used the same cartoon for mothers day as you did, it gave me a good chuckle!! i have a similar piece of pottery in my yard, i put seed in it!! the first 2 images are charming, everything is green here and we have been having some very warm weather!!

Granny Marigold said...

How lucky you were to see the Northern lights!!

Interesting that a Chickadee is thinking of nesting in that jug. It's a safe place, that's for sure.

Thrifting is so much fun and you found treasures!! I have to down-size and NOT go near any thrift stores unless it's to bring boxes of my extra "stuff".

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

I love that pottery birdhouse – beautiful! Our weather is gray and cloudy here too. I’m trying to plug along and get some outdoor work done, but the garden is too muddy to even think about tilling . I love the thrift finds - the battery operated candles are the best – what terrific buy!

Anonymous said...

The candles were a lucky find. It finally turned warm but we are still getting rain.
Cathy
Acornhollow.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have to have a reason for a thrift purchase now. I have cleaned out lots of stuff in the past year.
Cathy
Acornhollow.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

There are so many colors of green in the spring it really is beautiful.
Cathy
Acirnholliw.blogspit.com