Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Personal Thrifter

Last night I had a gathering of friends.

I walked around the yard clipping what was blooming.
I got lots of compliments on these crazy arrangements.

We had appetizers and wine. They all brought something to share. There was about 13 of us and enough food and wine to feed 30!

And one sweet woman brought me a gift of fresh farm eggs. Yummy.

And since there was no dessert I put out these cookies. Wow what a hit! I got them at Marshall's in the food section.


My free find of the week is a new food dehydrator!!

I have a group of friends who always say if you find etc etc. I would like it. So they have named me their personal thrifter lol. Hmmm I think i like that!

Describes today that's for sure. I went for a couple of yearly tests today wandered around the house picking up a bit but not much. 
             ************
Have a great week!

11 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad your gathering of friends went well. You always find the most interesting things thrifting. A free food dehydrator is quite a find.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Loe those flower arrangements! They have a quirky cheerfulness about them, like smiling flowers.
Those cookies are a favorite. I haven't seen the lemon though.

Kay G. said...

Those crazy arrangements are crazy good! Those fresh eggs, lucky you!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Too bad we're not closer...you could add me to your clientele list for thrifting LOL. I swear you find the best stuff. An air fryer? A food dehydrator?? Yikes. Score! Love your arrangements. I love the simplicity and recognizing the beautiful gifts of nature no matter the season. ~Robin~

Jeanie said...

I think I live in a spuddle world these days. I love your floral arrangements -- they're gorgeous and so happy. I'm not surprised at the compliments. It sounds like a wonderful evening. (And good thrifting, too!)

Julia said...

I like the word spuddle. I do a lot of that lately, lol... Except for the last two days, I've been working hard.

I think the food dehydrator is an awesome find. I've used one for years and I dehydrate apple slices and put them in air-tight glass Mason jars and they keep nice and crisp.

Take care, hugs.
Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

What pretty flower arrangements you came up with. You truly are blessed to have so many good friends.
Oh, I'd love for you to be my personal thrifter.
Spuddle. I LOVE that word. I am a master spuddler!!!

Marcia said...

I think you're enjoying your retirement.

Anonymous said...

I really am!
Cathy
Acornhollow.blogspot.com

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Free finds are always good and if you can use it or give it to someone, even better, Cathy. Your gathering sounds like it was fun and the gift of fresh eggs wonderful!

Debbie said...

oooooh fresh eggs, they look so beautiful!! i enjoy apps so much more than a meal or desert, it sounds like the perfect food for a gathering of friends!! i think your flowers are so pretty!!