Friday, April 12, 2024

It Is Always Something

The solar eclipse yikes! They came by the thousands and thousands! What would have been a 4 hrs trip home for some of them turned into 13 hrs!!!! So glad I was going in the opposite direction to my rug class.
 

This is our fearless leader, Pam Bartlett. This is the first event she has held in her brand-new space. I get there a little early and I find out she went to the hospital the night before for a kidney stone!! She missed most of the first day. But our teacher Michelle kept the class on track. And Pam joined us late afternoon.

My sweet friend Bonnie worked on this rug. She has had lots of teachers in her hooking life and she said she has learned more from Michelle as any of the others. 

And this rug is being hooked by my sweet friend Dayle. 
They both stayed with me and loved their class with Michelle. 
But we were missing our friend Donna. (More on her later)



This is Sue she sat at our table and she was working on this rug. One of Michelle's patterns. 

Debbie Kelly this is a picture of her neighbor's window and she is hooking it as a gift for them.

Diane Lane is working on this Santa (one of Michelle's patterns)
Diane said she loves his face so much she kisses him lol. Love that!!!

Sue Barr is hooking one of Michelle's patterns and doing a great job! I love that she made the pumpkin head white instead of orange. 

And this is mine! Yes, I started it on the first day of class. 
She again got me out of that box I put myself into. I really want to
stay out of that box! I love how this is looking. No swatches involved!

This is Michelle's newest rug and oh my word I am so in love with this rug! Enlarge it see how she did the background. I took picture upon picture of this rug I am so interested in her background on this rug. 

This is a work in progress for Michelle. I wish you could see this rug. The crocks look like you could pick them right off the rug.
And other one of Michelle's rugs, she had stacks and stacks of rugs with her. I just cannot say enough good about this teacher! I tried to follow her to Florida next Feb the class filled up in 2 hours! She is in very high demand and her classes are very hard to get into. But I will keep trying to get into another of her classes. I feel lucky to have had 2 classes with her. 

On to Donna, her husband has had some health issues, so she was unable to join us for this class. Wed after class the three of us, Bonnie, Dayle, and I drove to see Donna and stay over with her. It was big boost for her and for us. The four of us have such a special bond and I am so blessed to be part of it. And the good news is Donna's husband is getting better lots and lots better.  

After our overnight at the beach I headed home in the morning. 
Because another sweet friend and I had tickets to see the Golden Girls. Not what we were expecting but funny still and we had dinner before so it was a nice night out and great to catch up with her. 
Phew!! 
So I had more fun than anyone should at this age lol
and ate and ate. 
Today I am changing beds as my brother is coming for a few days.
Monday my friend and I have tickets to see a local cook and get her newest cookbook. 
Why is it I have nothing for weeks and then I have everything going on?
But I am loving it!

And in my spare time I have been stitching.
We are rain and they are talking about floods it will not affect us but it is always something.
Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

How all of the rugs are just beautiful. Sounds like you are really enjoying retirement, staying busy and having a great time connecting with friends and family. Have a good weekend!

Rugs and Pugs said...

First of all, so sorry to hear about Pam's kidney stone. Thankfully I have never had one but both my boys have and I know what they have gone through. Hopefully she passed it!!!
And poor Donna. I am so sorry to hear about her hubby and missing the class, but happy to read he is on the mend.
All the rugs being worked on are amazing. You made great progress in just a few days!
I know Michelle is in great demand. How wonderful that her business is taking off. So rewarding for her.
Your stitching is lovely!!!
I am just so happy you are making the most of your retirement. Isn't it just THE BEST???
Your typo cracked me up. Your "bother" is coming...lol! I have one of those ;-)

Marie Smith said...

What beautiful work. Amazing background on the instructor’s rug. And that huge one…incredible.. I can understand why she is in demand as an instructor. Your work is beautiful!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers for Donna's husband

All the rugs are gorgeous. It isn't easy to pick a favorite for any run you've blogged about. Have to say though, the birds are eye catching. Get your rest

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

What beautiful rugs, what talent! It sounds like you’re busy and having a ball – good for you!

TheCrankyCrow said...

These are some incredibly beautiful rugs...just WOW! I'd love to see the one of Pam's finished...as well as Michelle's crock rug. Those crocks amaze me. You're fortunate to have taken so many rug classes....I've never gone further than a mile down the road - and it hasn't been for classes...just "workshops" with no structured classes. And you're also fortunate to have such a full and fulfilling life. All the adventures! So sorry to hear about the medical issues Pam and Donna's husband are going through. Life does get more complicated as our bodies age, don't they? Enjoy your time with brother. ~Robin~ (Your embroidery is BEAUTIFUL as well...that will be far too pretty to use as a towel - at least that's what I thought you had said you were doing it for?)

Saundra said...

Some wonderful rug hooking going on there! Sorry about Donna's husband and know it is a huge worry for her; good for you gals to lift her spirits.

kathyinozarks said...

I really enjoyed your post and seeing what everyone's hooking project was. I agree I love that background too on the one your mentioned.
Glad your friend's husband is doing better-always scary. so wonderful you have a circle of friends for support-that is a treasure.

Pam said...

Beautiful work! I wish I knew how to do that. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

Grace & Peace,
Pam

The Happy Whisk said...

These blankets are art. I love it.

Granny Marigold said...

What a wonderful line-up of rugs. Such a range of subjects, each one so special. Thanks for posting all the pictures. Sounds like you're having a busy and fun time.

Saundra said...

There was something else I wanted to write last night but couldn't think of the word ... your fiddleheads and mushroom fantasy is adorable. The word was 'fiddleheads'. Was on the tip of my tongue but it didn't come to me until the middle of sleep. Yup, the middle of sleeping is when the word hit my cranium.

yaya said...

Those rugs are so beautiful. Michelle certainly is talented. They look like paintings! Yours are beautiful too and it's so nice to see you enjoying your retirement and not letting any grass grow under your feet..or snow or rain! I hope your friend's hubby is better and the warm weather we're getting next week finds you too. Take care Cathy!

Julia said...

Michelle is certainly a great artist and all her patterns are works of art. Your rug is looking amazing and you got a lot done. I'm glad that you had such a lovely time and still, no moss is growing under your feet, You are always busy with pleasant adventures with your like-minded friends.

Take care,
Hugs, Julia

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like such a creative and talented group of women, Cathy, and glad to read that your friend's husband is feeling better. it was sweet of everyone to visit and cheer her up. There is a Golden Girls show here in nashua this weekend and I wondered if it's the same one. This one has all male performers in the roles.

Jeanie said...

You do have a busy time coming up but you'll have to go some to beat rug school! I love your rug -- red mushrooms are a favorite of mine. But everyone has beautiful projects and that must be motivating!

Prims By The Water said...

That crock rug is amazing to say the least. Looks like you had loads of fun. All wonderful rugs. Very sweet of you to visit Donna and I so love your sweet blue bird. Janice

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh wow these rugs are all gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I am busy but a great busy!
Thanks for the visit
Cathy
Acornhollow.blogspot.com