Sunday, April 21, 2024

Feeling Better, Keeping Busy

Kora the house guest is doing well while her family is away.

Saving her people from giant turkeys, squirrels, and chipmunks. 

Thank you for your well wishes. I felt pretty crummy for a few days and then I was back at it. It was all a head cold nothing else. 

I hooked and watched cooking shows on PBS (the best 5.00 a month I have ever spent)

I changed sheets and ironed pillowcases. And before you say "what!" think about the time you spend on your phone or online. I can Iron 4 pillowcases in about 5 minutes. And it is pure luxury to lay your head on freshly ironed and scented pillowcases.

I read my new magazine with a nice cup of tea on my porch.
(not cleaned from the winter yet) 

Sorted through my cooking magazines. 

Because husband made us a new coffee table! It fits the space much better, and he did such a great job!

He also made us a new appetizer board.

That splits into two, one for each of us. 




My germanium is so happy and waiting patiently for better weather to get set outside.

After going through and weeding out magazines. I found this recipe for French onion bread. I am going to give it a try tomorrow, I think.
****
I have made great strides on my raking and cleaning up outside.
There is more to do I will work on that this week. 
I will go back to yoga and walking this week. I am feeling so much better. And Kora loves a good walk. 
Have a wonderful week!!!


15 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

I grew upon onion rolls. So good. Glad you're feeling a bit better. Is a head cold the same as a sinus infection? I had a sinus infection right after Covid. It was no fun. My first real sinus infection as I don't normally get those. Here's to you getting back to 100 percent ❤️

Boud said...

I'm very glad you're doing better. And envious of the artisan work your husband turns out. So lovely to have beautiful things around you.

I iron when I've made myself something to wear. But not very routinely.

Lauren said...

Happy you are feeling better! What great progress on your rug. It is looking fantastic.
Such a sweet house guest♥️🐾
Hubby’s coffee table is wonderful but the appetizer boards even better!
Wowza on your geranium. Mine are just beginning to leaf out.
Rugs and Pugs

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you are feeling better. Wow, your husband is quite the wood craftsman! Sounds like you made good, productive use of your downtime, even though you weren't feeling well. Now that you are doing better, enjoy the week ahead! See you again soon!

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Glad you’re feeling better - being under the weather when it’s spring and you want to be outside is miserable. The woodwork is great - what talent! And you’re right, I am so grateful for kindred spirits who inspire me and keep me going!

Prims By The Water said...

Glad you are feeling better. Your rug is looking amazing as usual. Hubby did an awesome job on both your table and boards. He is a keeper for sure. I need to change my sheets too...maybe next weekend I will tackle that. Kora will keep you safe from all, like our Tundra who barks at leaves sometimes. He can be a hoot. LOL Janice

Marie Smith said...

Glad you are feeling better. Have a wonderful week.

Saundra said...

The bread recipe looks and sound delicious although don't think I'd go to the trouble of making it for myself. I worked outside yesterday very little because it was COLD and I have raynaulds so even gloves don't work for me when my body gets chilled.

Chatty Crone said...

Is there any thing you cannot do? Are you retired? You sound like you have time to think and explore different things. Ironing - baking - etc. Glad you are feeling better.

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad you are having such a productive time and even happier than you are feeling better!

Julia said...

You are blessed to have such a talented husband. Great job on the table and the two boards. The geranium is amazing. It keeps on giving. I'm glad that your head cold is gone. I also started to work in the yard a little bit at a time and the grass is starting to grow. Soon, I'll have to mow.

Take care.
Hugs, Julia

yaya said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Kora reminds me of our son's dog, Eddy. He passed away a few years ago but he's always going to be in our hearts! I've been walking a bit more. Annabelle and I both need it! I love the coffee table and those snack boards are so cute! Put that man on Etsy and make a million! He's talented! Have a good rest of your week. I hope some warmth comes to you soon and also to us. It's been an up and down ride as far as the weather goes. I'm worried about our apple trees with a freeze in the forecast for Wednesday.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You did get a lot of catching up done even while not feeling well and glad you are better and will be doing even more. The new table and appetizer boards were beautifully crafted. My mother used to iron pillowcases, but I have never have done it.

Debbie said...

cooking shows are amazing!! even if you never make the dish, i learn so many new techniques watching them!! it sounds like you are really feeling better and have some pep in your step!! the wood appetizer board your husband made is really beautiful, what talent he has!!