Sunday, April 28, 2024

I Won, I Won!!!

I won this set of 4 rug hooking mugs at the hook in Sat. I can not tell you how thrilled I am with them! They were made by a fellow hooker.

When you sign in you get a name tag and a goodie bag. 
Inside that bag was this wool fortune cookie. Some cookies said you win a door prize mine did not. There were also fancy cookies and candy. I saved my cookie for my sweet B (granddaughter ) that I saw today. She was happy to have a fancy cookie for her lunch tomorrow. And they took kora dog home with them. I get a text from my daughter saying they think Kora is depressed lol. Well, us two old farts are around all the time, and she spent lots and lots of time outside or taking a walk. 


On our way back from Lowes this afternoon we stopped and got some fiddleheads for our dinner. Tis the season and a short one it is!  I had to have some before they were gone, so tasty. 

Husband also made a quick stop at Harbor Freight.
I had him pick up this magnetic dish for 4.00 great place to place your pins when you are using them or maybe scissors?

This happened today we were having brunch at our house with my daughter and family, and I noticed my diamond missing! I started checking the rain coat I had on earlier and then my daughter yells "Got It!"
It was on the counter! I am so thankful to her for finding it! I have been meaning to have that ring combined with another diamond I have but have never done it and now is the time!

I am finally reading this book I have had on my list for awhile. 
****
Sorry no pictures of the hook in. Great vendors but no rug show and no throw down. I think they said there were 120 of us there. We were at the NH Tec College a great space. 
*****
Another busy week ahead 
Have a wonderful week!


14 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Congratulations on a great win! The mugs are fantastic - those hand thrown mugs are the best for a big cup of coffee with lots of foamed cream. ;-). I love the little wool fortune cookies. What a clever idea for door prizes, etc. Whew on finding the diamond for your ring. That would have been heartbreaking. LOL on Kora having depression.. ~Robin~

TheCrankyCrow said...

PS... I finished The Women a few months back. Absolutely loved it! Enjoy!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Congrats on your win. Lucky you. The mugs are wonderful!!!
How lucky to have found the diamond. I'm sure your heart sank when you saw it was missing.
Poor Kora ;-( She will just have to come for a sleepover soon.

The Happy Whisk said...

Glad she found the rest of your ring. I've heard good things about Fiddleheads only not had them yet. Congrats on the win!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, I am so glad you found your diamond. It's a real blessing that your daughter found it! You got some nice prizes at the hooking conference. I love those mugs! I need to get one of those magnetic dishes at Harbor Freight. How handy! Harbor Freight is a great store with lots of interesting things. I hope you have a good week. See you again soon!

Julia said...

Congratulations on winning the hooking mugs. A great win.

I lost my diamond also a few years ago and I also found the diamond by lucky chance when the office light reflected on the diamond by the front door after searching for a couple of days but one of the prongs that held the diamond is broken. My wedding ring slipped off my finger when I lost weight and is still missing.

Our fiddleheads are still not ready yet but it won't be long.

Hugs,
Julia

WoolenSails said...

Those are beautiful mugs, I love hand made pottery. Sounds like a fun hook in. I have never had fiddle heads, looks interesting.

Debbie

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Isn’t it fun to win something so unexpectedly? Yay! And whew on your ring - reminds me I should have mine checked. How do you make fiddleheads - I’ve never tried them. It’s almost morel season here but they’re so hard to find- haven’t had them in years. Have a good week!

Saundra said...

How lucky you were that day ~ first winning the great hooker mugs and especially finding your diamond. Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky finding the diamond which fell out from the wedding ring from mine.
Never tasted fiddleheads and wonder what vegetable you could compare them to.

Chatty Crone said...

You are soooooooooooooooooo blessed finding your diamond.
I LOVE those mugs - you were so lucky too.
I never ever saw a fiddlehead - what are they?
Glad you had a nice time.

Granny Marigold said...

Congratulations on winning the pretty mugs. So glad you found your ring !!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a nice win as those 4 mugs look wonderful but the best win was your daughter finding the lost diamond!

Prims By The Water said...

What do fiddleheads taste like? Kudos on your win. Lovely mugs and so fitting. I know how you felt when you lost your diamond. I lost my ring a few months back and thankfully I found mine too. Janice

yaya said...

Those mugs are super cute! How nice to be the winner! Sounds like it was a fun time. Poor Koda...well, I'm sure he'll be back again! I've never had fiddle heads. What do they taste like? Do you cook them or eat them raw? Inquiring minds want to know! Have a good rest of this busy week!