Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Kora The House Guest

You have seen her before, this is granddog Kora. She is staying for the next week. She came with Sweet B but sweet B left and Kora stayed for a little while longer while they travel a bit. 

Her Pepe made a fun balance game. Sweet B and Pepe played quite a few games, she loved it. 

She coffee dyed some large tags and then she stitched on them to make very fun bookmarks.

This is before the glue went on. I dug out some of the flowers I pressed this summer. B painted the canvas and arranged how she would like it and we mod podged it down. 

She has a clear phone case so she jazzed that up too! She painted a piece of thin cardboard and stitched a bird on it, Perfect!

We had some old jewelry we took apart and made fun tassels on the bookmarks. All in all such a fun time with her, she is very creative. 

I tried a "cracker" recipe that was on line ( you know I am always online ugg) 

Here is the screenshot of the recipe.

Not sure if you ever purchased these in the past? My mom use to love them and felt it was a great treat to have them in the house.
Since I didn't have these I did have 5 ozs of  a like cheese I used.
They were a bit bland I would add some spices next time or use a different cheese. But the texture was good and next time I will use almond flour to see if you can make low carb crackers. 

My New Year's resolution was to keep track of food spending.
Everything keeps going up I just got a notice my cable/internet bill is going up. I thought I would show you how I make a small batch of pasta sauce. The decent jars of sauce has gone up to almost 8.00 crazy money! I put a bit of olive oil in a pan and put the tomato paste spread out and let it get a little caramelized then I added water or stock of your choice. If I don't have stock I use better than bouillon. then I  add the spices I like and garlic. If you want onions/peppers etc I add it to the oil before I put in the tomato paste. Now this makes a smaller amount, perfect for 2 people. 

We did our 3 miles this morning and some other time in the yard.
Sweet Kora is tired a very good tired!
Have a great week!

13 comments:

Saundra said...

Quite a creative granddaughter you have. I remember those Kraft cheese spreads in the small glass jars. Am surprised they still make them, but then I've not looked for them so maybe they still are made.

Marie Smith said...

A tired dog is a good dog in my experience. Time with a grandchild is always precious!

Lauren said...

You are making so many crafty memories with Miss B. The acorn doesn’t fall too far from the tree 😊
Lora is a sweetie ♥️🥳
Rugs and Pugs

Lauren said...

Kora…darn spellcheck or fat fingers. Not sure which 🤣

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

What a good time you’re having - love Cora’s sweet face and such artistic talent! Thanks too for sharing the recipe - I’ll have to try it.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Nice tags, the creativity has a lot of charm.
Sleepy dog, worn out from the fun
saute onion, chopped garlic in olive oil; add tomato paste, stir, then add the tomato sauce; boil to reduce. That's all I do for sauce.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Such fun and creative days you two had. Her stitches on that bird are so even and precise. I bet she loves coming to spend time with you and Pepe. Kora looks so very sweet...and right at home. ~Robin~

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your granddaughter seems to follow in your creative footsteps and that is very nice to see, Cathy. Your grand puppy looks very sweet and tired after that long walk.

yaya said...

Miss B is a real gem! So creative and I know she brings you and your hubby so much joy! It's great that you will dog sit and they don't have to put that sweet dog in a boarding situation. I like how you always experiment with recipes and then share them! I've never tried to make crackers. You are so right about the price of food. I was shocked how much eggs have gone up! I have the room for chickens but don't want the hassele of taking care of them. OH well, have a great weekend Cathy!

Granny Marigold said...

The flower collage looks great!! And those bookmarks using pieces of jewelry is an idea I just might try 💗

Prims By The Water said...

Looks like some creativity was going o in your house. How sweet. Our grocery ill has doubled now. Really sucks. I hope things change around soon. So glad Kora was there to make everyone smile I am sure as well. Janice

Bonnie K said...

What a creative family! Sounds like a busy visit. I am so depressed about grocery prices. I can, I butcher, I buy when things are on sale and it still makes me sick to get groceries.

WoolenSails said...

Miss B amazes me with her talent, especially at her age, very creative.
With my diet, I have to spend more on food, but I also stretch a meal out longer, so it evens out.

Debbie