Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Carb Overload

Happy Valentine's day! 

We just got back from eating lunch at an Italian bistro.
This is my 3 or 4th time eating there and for the life of me I can not figure out what all the excitement is about. Ok the pastries are stella.
I ordered Pasta Fagioli soup not a piece of pasta in it??? It has the word Pasta in the title...
It was well spiced and tasty but it was bean soup that is it. And I do not use crackers or anything in my soup so please do not float stale bread on the top. Maybe it is just me because everyone I know raves about them.

I have talked about trying to change things up a bit, well last night I made cauliflower cheesy bites and my own sauce soooo good and little to no carbs I used almond flour. 

Now for lots of carbs Sunday morning I made peach scones. It was a box mix from King Arthur Flour not big on mixes but these are good. 
They were good with my normal morning coffee. 

And last but surely not least oatmeal bread from the back of King Arthur flour bag. It's a keeper and easy to make. 

Do you see what I see??? Remember I cut some forsythia branches? Look what is happening! They are going to bloom. It is a mood booster today it is freezing cold and the wind is blowing hard. Last week it was 60s crazy weather. 
******
Sizzix it is a die cutter you just feed the dies into this machine and you get all kinds of shapes. You purchase the die shapes you want. 
It is used for card making, scrapbooking and lots of fabric work. 
I hope that clears it up. 
We are attending Sweet B's science fair and spending time with them after, that is a good Thursday in my opinion. 
Have a wonderful Week!

20 comments:

Debbie said...

that often happens, what one person loves, does not seem so awesome to me!! too bad about the soup, it should have small pasta noodles in it!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

There are places I've been too as well that others rave about and I just don't "get it." Bummer about the soup...Maybe they had extra small ditalini pasta in it? ;-) But when someone cooks as well as you do, I'm certain you have higher standards than most. Your cauliflower bites started my tummy rumbling. I made a big pot of homemade tomato soup last night and think it might be time for leftovers for lunch. It's turned colder here as well...we are under a winter storm advisory for tonight with heavy, wet, snow. Great...I am supposed to go watch my little grand tomorrow morning and it's a 45 minute drive. I do NOT like driving on winter roads. Enjoy your time with Miss B...and Happy Valentine's Day!! ~Robin~

Boud said...

That wasn't genuine pasta fazool! You was robbed. Your own cooking looks genuine though.

Saundra said...

Am shocked the soup didn't have any pasta in it. AH, thought the Sizzix was only for cutting wool strips. Had no clue it was for card making too. Have you purchased the parts that go with it to see how well it works?
Your baked goods look yummy as does anything cooked/made with cauliflour.

Chatty Crone said...

Now I know what a sizzix is!
Looks like you are trying to make some good and healthy food. The oatmeal bread looks wonderful!
Happy Valentine's Day.

Marie Smith said...

Your Thursday sounds perfect! Enjoy!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Forsythia blooms are a sure sign of spring! I need to get out and cut a few.
Happy Valentine's Day ;-)

Jeanie said...

Those scones and bread look good. I don't know about that soup -- I need to look it up, but surprising there is no pasta. I just LOVE that your forsythia are blooming!

Jeanie said...

PS -- thanks for coming by today -- I'm way behind on comments. Again!

Deb J. in Utah said...

This is a truly delicious post! I love all of pictures of good. Everything looks so good! Spending time with your granddaughter and your family always make for a good day. I hope you have a very Happy Valentine's Day.

kathyinozarks said...

Your baking and cooking sounds delicious! we just don't eat out anymore-I can do better at home-enjoy the science fair hug

Dicky Bird said...

We have a place here that everyone one raves about...I have been there 3 or 4 times, it's o.k. - but, not the best I've ever had. It's just a trendy place to eat. Yes, weather is turning colder here as well. I "called it" anyway, because we have an estate sale this Friday & Saturday...seems that happens to us quite a bit (snow, rain, tornado not matter the time of year) I guess, we are a bit unlucky that way. I know that branch budding would make me happy as well.

Prims By The Water said...

The forsythias look so nice. Pasta figoli should have pasta noodles in it. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Loved the lil vintage valentine. Janice

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That soup without pasta is just wrong, ditalini pasta is what is usually included and that's what I have used for making it at home with beans, of course. The cheesy cauliflower looked very good and who doesn't like less carbs? I have been wanting to make oatmeal bread and have the King Arthur flour, but it's in a container, so no recipe on the bag and I am going to check out the website. Thanks for reminding me I have been wanting to make an oatmeal loaf.

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Wow.....everything looks delicious!! I am definitely going to try that loaf. Enjoy your day!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

No pasta in soup that says pasta in it, goes back to the kitchen. Oatmeal bread, any bread easy to make is a winner.

Granny Marigold said...

Cauliflower Cheese Bites sound like something I'd like!! They look so good.
Forsythias are so faithful to bloom when brought inside. I don't have a bush but I know where to find some in the park. I wonder if I dare to bring home just one branchlet!

yaya said...

My first attempt at commenting disappeared so I'm trying again! Your cooking looks so delish and it inspires me to branch out a bit more! I don't have a Forsythia bush but maybe will try and plant one this year. Looks spring like but I hope you're not getting slammed by all the snow out East. We're going to get 2 days of cold then back to warmish. Weird winter! Enjoy Miss B's science fair and time with family. TGIF..but for the retired it just means: Thank God I'm Free!

Donna said...

No pasta in your soup! Say it's not so! You were robbed. Your forsythia gives me hope, spring is around the corner,
Your cheesy cauliflower is sounding yummy.

WoolenSails said...

I have made that soup and it has pasta. Homemade is always better. I enjoy heavier meals in the winter, need a little extra fat to keep me warm, lol. I haven't been able to attend the boys events, they don't seem to have the type, we had as kids.

Debbie