Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Another Snowy Morning

I am up before dawn. I wrapped myself up and grab my cookbook and a couple of new magazines. I am determined to cook some new recipes. Since we are not going out much  (or at all!)
I am looking for more variety. I am going to try my hand at making gnocchi and who else should I go to but mary ann Esposito.
We use Roku for our tvs and they have lots of free shows. I have found Rachel Khoo she has a show called The little Paris Kitchen. 
she is darling and has the most wonderful recipes. I am sure if you google her lots more will come up. I have enjoyed hooking in the late afternoon watching her shows.(they are on demand) I have learned a lot of tips and tricks from her.

Speaking of hooking this is my Lady Liberty. She is coming along slowly but surely. 

 
Now for a few more rugs from the hook in in Maine last week. 
I am always amazed at what each of us choses to hook. It makes the hooking world so diverse and wonderful. 

This is an "penny rug"  piece. It is all wool, each piece is cut out then pinned on and then each piece needs to be hand stitched on. A labor of love. 

This is a Michelle Palmer pattern so sweet!
It was being hooked by Gail from Vermont. She was in my hooking class when I had Michelle this past fall. 


This is one fancy sheep, she is doing such a great job. 

I really like this pattern she is doing a great job!

The Hookers name is on that rug I do not know her but great job on the rug. 

Ok one more addition to the give away basket. I found this sweet enamel pin. I would say 60s 70s such a fun way to brighten up a plain T shirt. I think this may be the last addition although I am going out and about with my dear friend Cathy on Friday so you never know. Want to put your name in go Here.
*****
I live in NH so we had our primary yesterday. I am sick of the calls and the flyers but I also understand how important the whole process is, and how lucky very lucky we are to freely vote for who we want.
I live in a very small town about 3000 registered voters and I have been helping to hand count votes for years. Only 800+ people voted.
And that is all I have to say about politics here. 
 I am off to stuff some shells with cauliflower and sausage wish me luck!

15 comments:

Saundra said...

Lady liberty IS coming along nicely. As Julia would say, slow and steady wins the race. What is that critter under your rug? Couldn't decide if it was a weirdly colored lion, an owl or something else. Michelle Palmer has the cutest rug designs.

Jeanie said...

That's a little scary about only 800 voting out of 3,000. And sad. I love all the rugs. And I'm so glad you know about Little Paris Kitchen! It is one of my favorites -- I'm always amazed at what she can do in that VERY tiny little kitchen! And I love seeing her serve in her apartment. Mary Ann Esposito is very good too. I don't know if her cooking shows are still on PBS but she was a staple for a long time!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I've seen Esposito's show recently on the Vermont or Mountain Lake PBS station.

Lady Liberty has style. Very nice

Julia said...

I would like to sample your cooking. I'm mostly cooking quick meals as I've had little time in the kitchen when I had to work at the farm and cook for the hired hands. I'm always searching the web for quick recipes otherwise, I use the slow cooker.

You are progressing well on Lady Liberty. I love all the foilage on that Mandrill ape rug but don't care for the ape itself.

The daylight time is getting longer every day, and I can't wait for signs of spring although, winter hasn't been too bad this year, so far.

Take care, and stay well.
Hugs, Julia

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Hope you find some fun new recipes to try. I am definitely going to check out Rachel Khoo and her Paris kitchen. Thanks for sharing.

Lady Locust said...

All the rugs are gorgeous! That sheep!!! And what time did you say supper was? I love me some good gnocchi šŸ¤¤

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Lady liberty looks great – all my favorite colors and I always love a patriotic theme. I seem to get in a rut making the same recipes myself – I need to shake it up a bit. This winter, I want to learn to be a better bread maker, so each week I’m trying something new - the carbs will not be good for the number on the scale! And it is sad about the turnout for the primary – I just want a good honest person who will do the right thing – I’m not sure that person is running for office anymore.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lady Liberty is lookin' good.
What great projects worked on at the retreat.

Debbie said...

i am with you about trying new recipes, i need to do that more!! i have a new cookbook "dinner in one" and i want to make more of the one pot recipes from it!! my tv offers a lot of cooking shows, i find i learn a lot from watching them!! i really like the snowman rug and lady liberty!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Lady Liberty is looking great. Yes, it's very true about the variety of rugs and the predilections of those who hook them. It makes the world a colorful place. Oooo...cooking shows. If I went down that rabbit hole I might never find my way back out. It's bad enough that I have stacks of recipes that I've printed out waiting...and waiting. I find that I am cooking/baking less and less. While I try to downsize recipes and/or freeze leftovers, it just is such a waste it seems to go through the bother for just me. Your stuffed shells sound enticing though. ~Robin~

yaya said...

What a great way to spend an early morning snow day! I'm sure your stuffed shells will be delish! I love all the rugs and isn't it great we all different and make such lovely art with our imaginations...well, you and your hooking friends as I can't do a craft to save my life! I like watching discovery plus and a couple of my favorites are "Ranch to table" and "Zoe bakes". They are on Magnolia network. That pin is adorable BTW!

Prims By The Water said...

Lady Liberty is looking good. The fox one looks like a photograph to me nd well done. I like to cook, but if I het home late from work, we go out. Janice

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoly seeing the rug hooking creations, as always, Cathy, and we are also waiting for another snow event this weekend. That's OK with us as we do not have to shovel anything, but can understand how it doesn't thrill other folks as much. Like yourself, I too am glad the NH primary is over and all the mailings won't be clogging up the mailbox. Thankfully, we did not get any calls. Your giveaway basket is really getting loaded up it seems.

Bonnie K said...

Such diverse rugs. That takes more patience than I have. Thanks for sharing. Love the bobcat photo from the last post.

DeniseinVA said...

Fun to see all these creations in your photos. The pin is a delight! So sweet of you to put together a giveaway. Kathy will be delighted!