Sunday, November 12, 2023

Wonderful Rugs!

 
Today we had to drive north to meet our daughter and return her dog.
She and her family were able to get away with friends and we babysat the dog. As you can see, we have snow on the mountain tops.


I got up early took a walk and raked a bit then I have spent the afternoon making roping with the dried oranges and apples. 
I wrapped some twinkle lights round them after and voila pretty cute!


l
I also tried making this little lantern. It is a bit wonky but sweet all the same I may try to make another one. 
****
Ok are you ready? I went to the fairy tales rug show and what a show it was!!!

I did not get all the information on each rug but just click on them and enjoy!!! 
And each rug was better than the last one. And this is just a sampling not every rug. 

They are taken from old illustrations. 















I hope you had a chance to enjoy them but if you ever get the chance to see them in person take, please go!


Thursday, I had my friend's thanksgiving there were about 14 of us that gathered, and the surprise was a visit from a very long-time friend who moved away and came back to join us. 
I decided to make New England Brown Bread. 


I was given the hint to use the crockpot with water in it and it worked great!!! and oh, my it was tasty and a big hit at the friends gathering. 


Last night after I got home and relaxed from the past few days.
I was overwhelmed with the amazing blessings I have. And what a wonderful few days I have had. 
***
Tuesday is the new to me fiber group I am looking forward to that. 
And I am going to start decorating for Christmas. I promised a Christmas brunch at the friend's thanksgiving, and I want to deck the halls!!
Have a wonderful week!



14 comments:

Julia said...

Oh my! Those are beautiful rugs. I love all the fine details. Were they the same rugs that were shown at Sauder a while back? If the rug show was close to us, I'd go for sure. Thanks for sharing.

That New England brown bread looks delicious. It's cold here today and the wood stove is keeping us warm and cosy.

Take care, hugs.
Julia

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Gorgeous rugs! They are all favorites. What a beautiful show.

I tried drying lemons slices after seeing your decorations. Alas, my oven temperature is off. Let me just say, they'd be better as Halloween ornatments. I will try again this week.

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a heart-filling couple of days, made better by the time to appreciate the blessings you have. Those rugs are absolutely amazing. It makes me wish I did fine cut hooking and had a bit more eye for color. I've always loved fairy tales and actually took two classes in college on them believe it or not. I had more than enough credits for my majors but loved to take as full a schedule as I could and they were truly enlightening. So many theories behind the subliminal meanings of them. Your bread looks wonderful. I am not familiar with it. Is it a sweet bread? You need to tell us more...and perhaps share your recipe and method. 😉 We learn so much from you! ~Robin~

Marie Smith said...

You are in the holiday spirit for sure. Enjoy!

kathyinozarks said...

Gorgeous rugs thanks for sharing, your bread sounds delicious-enjoy decorating for the holidays
Kathy

Lauren said...

So happy you got to experience the rugs in person. Unbelievably talented hookers!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those rugs are beautiful! So glad you had a nice week!

Jeanie said...

That garland on your window is beyond wonderful -- so cozy and beautiful. Does it smell good? I'm thinking yes!

And that fairy tale rug show -- unbelievable. These are all gorgeous. I couldn't pick a favorite because I loved them all.

Saundra said...

The rugs must have been awesome to see in person. Not something I'd want to hook but definitely admire the work and creativity involved in those.
I've never made that bread but years ago used to buy the canned version and loved that too. Obviously the homemade version would be 100 times better.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Such beautiful rugs and all look too lovely to walk on, but what tales they have shown! The snow on the mountains looked like a wonderful sight to see as predicted flurries in Nashua have not materialized so far. Brown bread is what we had in the UK, but not something I will be making here at home as it wasn't our favorite there. Your homemade garland looked lovely in the window and nothing like sitting before a cracking fire at day's end.

yaya said...

Retirement is looking good on you! Your home is so sweet from what I can see and I imagine your brunch will be darling too! I'm so happy we now have working fireplaces that I can cozy up too this Winter. Those rugs are so amazing! As you know I'm not a hooker but I sure can appreciate art in any form and those are truly art! I love all the fairy tales shown here too. Too sweet! We used to get a brown bread in a can when I was a kid. Is that a real thing or am I just imagining it? Anyway, yours looks really yummy! It's good to gather with friends and enjoy life. Have a good week Cathy!

Anonymous said...

Wow! They are all so beautiful! And I am a fan of most breads- swoon, yum.
Lady Locust

Ratings said...

Your words were both powerful and thought-provoking. Thanks for sharing!

Prims By The Water said...

Such wonderful rugs. Love your sweet garland. I also loved seeing your fireplace and loved that sailor...at least I think it is one. Janice