Wednesday, November 8, 2023

A Moose In My Mug?

I grabbed my coffee and yogurt sat down and started laughing.
I have heard of reading your tea leaves but what does a moose in your coffee mean?

I dug out my dehydrator and sliced up some oranges. 

I have grand plans to make a roping for my kitchen for the holidays. 
I am working on this bunny rug, and I can never leave well enough alone, so I am changing a few things. 





Speaking of patterns, I got my patterns I ordered at rug school by Michelle Palmer. Winter projects who knows? I have such a brain full of ideas phew who knows what will spill out. 





It is the season in between I am using Christmas mugs
and I have my Thanksgiving rug out. I am looking forward to decorating this year I will have the time hopefully the energy. 
***
The rolls I made in the last post are from King Arthur Flour

The fiber group meets next week. My friend's thanksgiving is tomorrow night. I am going to make an attempt at making New England Brown Bread to take. It is cooked by steaming. 
And plans are being made to go to see the fairy tale rugs this weekend. 
Have a great week!!!




13 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

LOL! That is funny!

Homemade brown bread is devine!
I made mine in a coffee can in the crockpot.
Now that the coffee can is smaller, I'll have to adjust the recipe.

Granny Marigold said...

That's a pretty Christmas mug ❤. I got my Christmas mugs out and counted them because I picked up a few more at various thrift stores through the year. I counted 20. That's more than enough!!
I've never heard of steamed brown bread. Sounds interesting.
Granny Marigold

Marie Smith said...

I love the Thanksgiving rug and the bunny in the making. Beautiful work.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ha ha...love the moose in the mug! Your bunny rug looks so sweet. It looks like you have lots of creativity stocked up for the cold, white, months ahead. Can't wait to follow along on your adventures....and to see the roping you are plotting. Again, have fun on your outings in the coming days. We'll be expecting a full, illustrated, report. 😉 ~Robin~

Hill Top Post said...

I would love to make this roping for a small primitive tree. The fun of creating is changing things up to make them truly yours. I look forward to seeing more of the rabbit rug and of the new projects.

Rugs and Pugs said...

So happy you are enjoying your retirement and taking advantage of all the things to do. Great, isn't it? Enjoy the fairy tale rugs.
Moose in a mug...made me LOL!

Anonymous said...

You always amaze me with all the beautiful things you do! I have got my frother that you have recommended and i just love it, thank you so much it is wonderful. I got a few patterns from michelle palmer at the sauder village rug show last year and still need to get to them, her patterns are so gorgeous and i also thought her prices were great.love your rabbit rug! have fun decorating

yaya said...

It's nice to have the time to decorate and not be too tired or rushed. Your turkey rug is really cute and I think your mug was just sending out a secret message just for you: Merry Chris...moose! Ha! Have a good Friday Cathy!

acorn hollow said...

I agree her patterns are lovely and reasonable.
Thank you for your sweet visit

Jeanie said...

Your rugs are really terrific. I don't have a lot of TG decor but I'm pretty wild about your turkey rug. The moose in your coffee makes me smile!

acorn hollow said...

Thank you for the crackpot idea it worked great!

WoolenSails said...

I love to decorate for Christmas and more fun with the boys, since they love coming in and seeing it all. Love your new rug and I do love Michelle's designs. It looks like you have been busy and sorry to hear about getting covid. I am not sure what I have, but it definitely wore me out and still coughing from it.

Debbie

Prims By The Water said...

Maybe you will see a real moose in your future. Cool that you saw it in your mug. Turkey mat is nice and look forward to seeing more of that bunny.. You know me and bunnies. LOL Janice