Sunday, November 5, 2023

Getting Ready For Winter

I was sick with covid for about 3 days, 2 of those days I ran a pretty good fever the 3rd I was just stuffy and tired. But I am back on my feet and back at it. Yesterday I helped husband bring in a cord of our winter wood. We usually burn about 2 cords we use it only in the evenings for a few hours. 

I made milk bread rolls. I had some milk that was just past its good date, and they came out so good!

The weather the past few days has been wonderful I spent today stacking wood in our wood box on our porch for our fireplace and filling my bucket before the soil freezes and I am out of luck. 

Sweeping up the porch and getting it ready for decorations for the holidays. Lots more to do there but I did what I could on this nice day.

When I was cleaning up my rug hooking room, I found a project I started years ago. Well, they are finished I did 2 of them for my daughter to put on the head chairs at her table. 
****
I had a terrible case of insomnia last night I just could not settle to sleep. I have not taken anything but Tylen during covid to cause this so not sure what is going on. I did lay in bed and listen to military jets fly over and they have been flying around here all day.
They train in our mountains a friend in Vermont said they are over where she is too. Makes me a bit nervous with the way the world is right now.
****
I have a couple of fun things planned this week my women's group are meeting for our annual Thanksgiving always so fun and tasty.
I am hoping to get to a rug show of the fairy tale rugs and to visit a new fiber group. 
Have a wonderful week.






16 comments:

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Just like you, wood is stacked by the door and I think, fingers crossed, that all the important things are taken care of. Good to hear you're feeling better...and I understand insomnia. Some nights I wake up at 3, and just can't get back to sleep...so many things to toss over in our minds. The porch is looking terrific...and is that a mailbox surrounded by greenery? A good reminder for me to pick up evergreen roping as soon as I see it, often it sells out quickly. And the rolls...oh they look great, and what a good use of milk that's just a bit "off." Can you share the recipe? Sending wishes for a good nights rest! Mary

Lauren said...

So happy your case of Covid was short lived! Hopefully you will sleep like a baby tonight.
Sweet finish on your chair backer!
Enjoy your “Friendsgiving”.
I hope you can get to the fairy tale rug exhibit. The rugs are amazing.
A new fiber group? What fun.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers you recover well from covid, and do not get it again.
All that woold hauling is a lot of work.

kathyinozarks said...

Hoping you recover from covid soon. I really miss not having a wood stove allot of work with the whole process of getting wood prepared and in but always enjoyed it. Happy new week Kathy

Anonymous said...

You are certainly “sounding” better 😊. Your porch already looks delightful!
Lady Locust

Bonnie K said...

I would love the milk bread recipe. The bombers go over home often as we are not far from Ellisworth Air Force Base. I love the smell of wood smoke. Our stove is propane as I don't do well with open flames. I love your evergreen decorations. You have inspired me.

JustGail said...

I'm glad you are on the mend from covid. Good that you are recovered enough to work on having the wood ready. Those rolls look Yummmmmmy!

Jeanie said...

Oh Cathy, I'm so sorry about the Covid and glad it seems to have taken a turn for the better. I hope you can get some good sleep.

Marcia said...

No military jets here. Only the occasional jet into Lebanon Airport. I think I'm going to decorate for Christmas early this year too. It's such a short time and I'd like to enjoy the decorations longer.

Jennifer said...

Hooray for a couple of fun things on the agenda! Enjoy...and so glad you are feeling better. Ah, and those rolls look amazingly delicious!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I'm so very glad you had such a quick recovery from COVID. I was down for weeks. Your ambition makes me wistful...I didn't get my gardens cleaned up or tucked in, some outdoor things that needed bringing in are frozen in place (my rain gauge froze and broke) and my house is still full of Halloween. The rolls look yummy!!! And I love your bucket of greenery. Exactly my kind of decorating. Have fun at your events and take lots of photos of the fairy tale rugs...I absolutely adore them. Happy Monday! ~Robin~

Granny Marigold said...

I love a wood fire and it looks like you have enough wood stacked so you can enjoy fires all winter long.
Sorry you couldn't sleep. I'm not sure if it's the Time Change or what but I had a bad couple of nights too. Have a great week ❤ GM

yaya said...

I'm glad you're over the Covid and doing well. We also heat with wood and I'm not sure how much we burn but I'm always glad when the weather warms and we can turn off the wood burner! So much work to get ready for the winter. I put away my deck furniture and rugs and things until next year. Your rolls look delish. I enjoy making bread but have never made homemade rolls. Maybe I should try for turkey day? Have a good week and I hope you can get some good sleep. I hate when I'm not able to sleep. Usually that happens when I have to work the next day!

a quiet life said...

Glad you are feeling better, enjoyed your busy life!

Debbie said...

thanks for visiting me, it is always nice to see new faces!! you have been busy and stacking wood is hard work. covid has been circling around here in my area and i really don't want to get it again. the hubs and i have been trying to stay home more or take little trip where we don't interact with others much. you are a fiber person, i am a knitter and working on embroidery right now!!

acorn hollow said...

Thank you