Sunday, November 26, 2023

And Away We Go!!

Winter sunrise sigh....

We headed out to a little coffee shop that is in an old woolen mill. Such a lovely way to start Sunday. 



We had a nice Thanksgiving. I took the bones and bits and pieces of vegetables and made stock. I froze it in ice cube trays so I can take a few when needed. An easy way to add flavor and save money. 
In a previous post I told you a neighbor gave me a woolen blanket that she said was over 100 years old. Well I decided to make Christmas stocking from some of it. I made one for each of my sweet friends and one for my neighbor. Well they were a big hit!!! And they are done yahoo! And I used the sewing machine without swearing lol.



I started decorating and I am not done yet but getting closer. It is so nice to see my treasures again.


It has been several years since I have put them out. 

bought some battery operated twinkle lights and I just love them.
The mantle is done and mushrooms are big this year. I bought these but I hope to felt some more. 

I also bought this wool tree again I hope to make more. 
One of my sweet feather trees.
☆☆☆
Bad weather coming in tonight they say rain but it is much to cold. I pray for snow and not ice. 
I have 2 cookie walks to bake for this week and I hope to finish up decorating. 
Have a wonderful week!


14 comments:

Saundra said...

So much packed into this blog not sure I'll remember all of them ~ was that an omelet in the plate at the coffee shop or bread?
The woolen blanket stockings are wonderful and no wonder everyone was happy. You sure do have lots of Christmas trinkets to display.

Bonnie K said...

My husband and I just watched a show about a woolen mill in Faibault, MN. Amazing what they do. Your Christmas decorations look great. I haven't started yet. I really like your little Christmas tree. Thanks for sharing.

Hill Top Post said...

What a great and inspiring post! I love the feather tree!

Julia said...

A great idea about freezing stock from the turkey carcass in ice cube trays. I just took out a bag of turkey carcass from the freezer and made a delicious soup for our supper and my son came to get a container for himself.

I like what you did with the old blanket. Those Christmas stockings are priceless. You're never at a loss for crafty gifts.

Sweet little vintage decorations on your feather tree and love your collection of Santas. We are expecting some wet and windy weather here too. I hope your power stays on.
Keep warm
Hugs.
Julia

yaya said...

Look how together you are! I love all your decorations and how cozy your home looks. I think this will be a really nice Christmas for you this year without having to work. It will give you lots of time for the fun things of the season! Have a good week Cathy and let us know what kind of cookies you make!

Rugs and Pugs said...

I bet you are loving retirement more and more each day.
Your stocking is so sweet. No wonder they were a hit.
Of course I love all your Santas and your feather tree. Perhaps we are sisters by different mothers...lol.
My decorating is just getting started. I was gone quite a few hours today and tomorrow my dearest friend from college will be here with her beau, so won't get much done. I am antsy to get it all done. With Thanksgiving being so early, I am hoping for once to get it all done soon and enjoy the season. My goal is by the weekend. Maybe if I didn't go crazy decorating...less is more? Not in my world.

Granny Marigold said...

Your decorations look lovely; making the stockings out of the old wool blanket was such a great idea. The feather tree is so pretty. I've only ever seen one in magazines.
I hope your weather doesn't turn nasty...no ice please. It seems like winter is moving in.
Keep warm and cozy and have a great week.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

You decorate well. The holiday vibe comes through.
Feather trees have a lot of charm.
Last year I used them for my greeting card image.

Jeanie said...

Your Christmas decorating is absolutely beautiful--so magical and I can't wait to see more! I love that stocking you made. What a great idea. And the feather trees are fabulous!

Hang in there with the weather!

Sandi said...

Love the blue mug! 💙

Marcia said...

Our rain overnight last night turned to snow covering the original snowfall from earlier. I'm holding back on fully decorating until kitchen is finished. I realized I didn't have envelopes for the cards I made and must get to Staples in West Lenbanon very soon.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful feather tree and clever stocking too .Sounds like Christmas has landed at your place! Sheepunderfeet

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Debbie said...

what a fun post!! and such a great idea to make the stockings from the old blanket. the one you pictured is wonderful, no wonder your friends loved them!! your decorations are so pretty, i like both trees but especially the feather tree!! i have finished my indoor decorating and will share pictures soon. i did not bring out all of my decorations, i get pretty tired and it is a lot of work, i admire what you have done!!

i hope your weather did not turn icy!!