Sunday, October 29, 2023

Rug School Part 2

I am going to start this post with my yummy win!
The door prize from Dorr Mill a 79.00 value! Yes please!

Ok I am starting what was in the rug show. I did not get all the information on the rugs sorry. And sorry not sorry about my rug hooking sneakers showing lol. 
I am going to let you scroll through them. 
Please click on them there is so much wonderful work here. 
I do not have a rug in the show. 






I haven't decided what I feel about lighting up a rug or wall hanging. I like the hooking but just not sure. Thoughts?

There is something about his sweet face. He looks a little devilish lol.

Love how this was finished.

My friend Debbie Kelly's rug.







This had a stuffed 3D piece to go with it. They are 2 separate pieces. 


'
Again my friend Debbie Kelly's


I never got a good picture of this, this is a larger rug, and it is Pandora's box. Amazing amazing detail!!!! click on it you will be amazed. Remember this is all with little strips of wool fabric!

You can see it here on the end. Wait until you see what she was working on at the school!!


The braid around this rug was lovely but it caused the center to buckle a lot. You have to be so careful when binding with anything. 



This is our fearless leader's Pam Bartlett


I only have a few things of what they were working on most of it was just in the beginning's stages.
How wonderful is this rug?? From a picture.
It felt like you could pick the flowers! 
And the person who did Pandora's box was working on this amazing bear!!!
And that is it for the rug camp and if you are still with me, I am going to close with this. 
****

The past few days have broken all kinds of records for warmth. 80's! Unheard of at this time of year here. The leaves have turned brown and slowly rustled in the warm breeze. It made me really work on getting my gardens ready for winter and cleaning up around the outside of the house. 

And not 24 hours later sleet! We could get snow by mid-week.
the highs this week will be lower than the overnight lows last week. 
It is like fall's last warm breath saying this is it time it is time.
Have a wonderful week. 





12 comments:

Marie Smith said...

What beautiful work. The rugs are amazing. The lights on the tree are unique. I like them.

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a great rug show! Why isn't there a Cathy rug?
Those rug hooking sneakers are so much fun. I know a couple people who have them.
I will pass on the light up hooked piece. Not my style at all.
Congrats on your win. Those are some great wools for overdyeing.
Our temps are falling, too. I am so not a fan of the cold.

Anonymous said...

First, drool, drool, slobber, slobber 🤤. Those rugs are amazing. Not sure I would want Pandora’s box. Though stunning, such amazing detail I would be spooked by it. Love all the textures of the tree. As for lighting, take it or leave it. I tend to prefer without. Great show - including the sneakers 😍
Lady Locust.

Julia said...

What beautiful workmanship. Love the bear and the Pandora Box is amazing but I'll choose the loon as my favorite. I love loons and your sneakers too, lol.
All beautiful rugs. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Julia

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Yay, congrats on the door price! What talent...such amazing rugs. Mary

TheCrankyCrow said...

My....what tiny feet you have. LOL. Love the sneakers. Fantastic rugs...but, in my book, Pandora's Box and that bear absolutely steal the show. They are positively mesmerizing. Nope on the lighted rug. Congratulations on a huge win. I know you will appreciate it and put it all to its very best use. We've been cold for a while now...we had snow the other night and more coming in tonight. I never did get my gardens cleaned out. ~Robin~

Jeanie said...

You won that? Wow! Congratulations.

I think things like a light-up rug or hanging look tacky. Just me, maybe.

Some gorgeous pieces there!

Prims By The Water said...

Your sneakers look comfy and thats all that matters. What amazing rugs. I kept scrolling up and down trying to decide on a favorite and I gave up. We are supposed to get an inch of snow tomorrow. I kept looking at our states radar today and there was some already falling just a few hours north of us. Happy Halloween. Janice

Meridiana said...

Pandora's Box was designed and hooked by the amazing (and kind) Dana Psoinas. All her rugs are simply astounding. She's an amazing artist. Thanks for all these great photos. I have the same sneakers.

acorn hollow said...

Her work is astounding♡♡♡
Cathy

yaya said...

Wow, what beautiful works of art! I started to pick out my favorites and then just gave up because they were all so fabulous! The Pandora's Box caught my eye because the woman in the piece looks so much like my niece! Kind of weird! But the cute snowmen, the flowers, the crow piece...well, what a great showing. Thanks for sharing this. I don't hook but boy it sure looked amazing. Happy Halloween and tonight we have snow on the ground. Yikes! I know it won't last and it will be warmer this weekend but it makes it clear that my favorite season is going fast!

Dicky Bird said...

WOW both posts have such wonderful eye candy! I love how the snowman edge was finished too!