Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Faded Colors

My sweet friend and I hiked Monday. I was thrilled to be back in the mountains again. 

This hike was pretty steep and lots and lots of ledge. I am so proud of myself for making it. It was not a long hike just rocky and steep. (Sweet friend in distance) 
We hiked up to a fire tower but it was under renovation so we could not get near it to see the view. 

We decided to take a different trail down. We are so glad we did this is the pay off! The colors are there but they are so muted this year. 
There are pops here and there but nothing like our normal fall color.


The day was beautiful with a wonderful breeze and as you can see, we could see forever it seemed. A hike with my sweet friend is always a good day. 


This morning I had an early appointment in Lincoln NH about 1/2 north of where I live. I was hoping for more color. There was more but again muted.

We went to Woodstock NH and walked the rocks a bit. 

As you can see, we are having glorious weather and there was a bit more color on the banks of the river. 

The water crystal clear...

With a couple of great pops of color. I love living in NH with the very distinct changes in season. I am originally a Maine girl two wonderful states to live in snow and all!
Speaking of Maine, a week from today I head to Maine for time with rug hooking friends and the Wooly Witches of Wells hook in. Can you tell I am excited? 5 days of fun whoo hooo!!!!
Have a great week!


17 comments:

Saundra said...

Not much colorful leaves here yet, just a few yellow. Leaves had been falling much earlier due to lack of rain not temperature. But it is to get colder next week so more color will be added to my landscape soon.

kathyinozarks said...

What a lovely hike you two had-will you go back once the colors come in more? enjoy your rug hooking retreat sounds fun
Hugs Kathy

Lady Locust said...

Still beautiful. Sounds like you were able to enjoy your time and hike regardless~

Marcia said...

Colors are developing here south of you in Upper Valley. Some trees are disappointing but others are showing some nice reds and golds.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your hook in is 5 days? Lucky you. Take lots of pictures to share.
You have the most amazing views in NH. Thanks for sharing.

Julia said...

The colors are starting to be more beautiful here and it feels like fall in the evening and morning.

How exciting that you'll be at a hook-in in 5 days. Share the photos, please, and enjoy.

Hugs, Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your views there are second to none. The colors here, which just a few weeks or so ago were so very vibrant - at least those left on the trees after the heavy rains and winds, are now muted and dull. The fallen leaves are collecting in every nook, cranny and opening door. Your hooking adventure sounds like it will be a hoot...can't wait for a recap - and lots of photos!!! (That came up quick!) ~Robin~

Granny Marigold said...

What a great hike up that mountain...and the view is amazing.
There's nothing like a day outside on a sunny October day.
Add to that a good friend and life is wonderful.

Jeanie said...

That would be too much of a hike for me but boy, is it beautiful! Well done!

Marie Smith said...

Our weather is mirroring yours. It is great to be able to enjoy autumn! Hope your coming trip lives up to your expectations!

Prims By The Water said...

What gorgeous views! Although I would not be able to hike like that so kudos to you. Have fun in Maine and take lots of pics. Janice

acorn hollow said...

You are so right!

acorn hollow said...

Rain for the next 2 days then much cooler back to nor.al Oct weather.

Cottage Granny said...

Beautiful pictures!

Thanks for visiting The Cottage Granny!

Grace & Peace,
Pam

yaya said...

I sure wish I could have made my Maine trip but I'm looking forward to it in the Spring. Enjoy that fun week of hooking and the Fall season. Our colors seem to be taking their time changing and the cool, cool weather will hit tonight and last for a bit. I'm thinking the 80de temps are over..or atleast I hope so! Take care Cathy! Beautiful walk views!

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Someday I WILL make it to New England...it looks so lovely, I'd like to settle down in a 200 year old farmhouse and just "be". Sigh...thanks for sharing the photos...truly lovely.

WoolenSails said...

I have been looking at foliage photos from the New England group and it seems there is a lot of color on the Kank and further up. Not sure if we will make it up this year, so we will wait for the lower areas to turn. The hook ins sound like fun.

Debbie