Sunday, October 22, 2023

In The Dye Pot Again.

But first a yummy coffee. I am loving my frother and stirring with a cinnamon stick just makes it so much better. 
Oh and some of own fall spice blend. 

Remember I told you about my addiction to my phone? Well even my horoscope got wind of it yikes!


This week I have been doing a lot of walking the weather has been beautiful and I was exposed to covid so I needed fresh air while I waited and waited. 

I kept masked around my husband and pretty much stayed home. 
and the good news is day 7 and I tested, and I am covid free! 
Now I can go to my rug school this week.

Sweet B and family came for breakfast this morning. I had sent her some Halloween fabric she returned it made into coasters. Love that kid!!

Because of my time to myself this week I was able to finish my rug.
Now to bind it and send it off to my daughter she loved it when she was here. 

So back into the cauldron (aka dye pot).



This was the mystery jar it must have been mixed up during my purple period. There are some really nice pieces in there the couple I don't like I am keeping for a batch of primitive black. 

The next batch was a formular I mixed up from the Vermont Folk Art dye book. 

And I am loving these results. 

 I was asked about my dyes. I have the Cushing's dyes. They were all that was around when I was learning to dye. And I am too deep into them to change at this point. I have done natural dying, and it is fun to see the results. But it is hard to get larger batches of certain colors and they tend to fade quicker. 
****

Ok about being on my phone to much I find all kinds of things I want to do. Are these cookies not the cutest???? the upside is they are so good. Almond flavored butter cookies. 

And they are all gone! Husband was eating them like potato chips. 
I had a few but really, I am glad they are gone I could not stay away from them. 

I am ending with a sun rise I saw while I was in Maine a week ago. 
Have a wonderful week!!

21 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is a beautiful sunrise picture. I have always wanted to visit Maine. Your cookies look yummy. So glad you got over Covid with no complications. I love the pictures of the woods you walk in. Have a good week. See you again soon!

acorn hollow said...

I never came down with covid I was waiting to see if I was going to.

Saundra said...

Beautiful cookies and your hubby thanks you too, lol.
Thank goodness I've managed to evade Covid so far and hope luck continues. However, my little bit of fall outside work has come to a halt since I have water-on-the-knee...AGAIN. Had knee problems at Cape May but not like this. Am hoping it goes away soon because I dread having that 2 ft. (lol) needle in my knee to draw the fluid.

Pam said...

I am glad you are covid free! I can imagine how it would be a bother! I absolutely love the rug and all those purples! I just found the cookie idea and want to make them so bad! Maybe I will do that this week.

Grace & Peace,
Pam

Bonnie K said...

The rug is beautiful. I'm sure glad you didn't get COVID. The colors you are getting are beautiful. I started a quilt hop this week, but was so disappointed that everyone had the same line of fabric, I quit. It is nice to see something original. The cookies look yummy and your sunset is breathtaking. Thanks for sharing.

Rugs and Pugs said...

So happy to hear you are Covid free. That had to be along 7 days wondering if you could go to your hooking class. Does is start tomorrow?
LOVE the colors of your rug. You did hook that quickly ;-)
Sweet coasters from Miss B. The acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree, does it?

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

"...eating them like potato chips." That is hilarious!
The rug is beautiful.
Congratulations on Negative covid
Have a wonderful week!

Julia said...

Almond cookies are one of my favorites and I only make them at Christmas because I have difficulty staying away from them.
I like how you decorated them. Great decoration for a Halloween party.

I'm glad that you are Covid free. You got a lot of hooking done this past week. Do you have a plan for using those purple colors? Like Lauren said, the Acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.

Raining again this evening. Stay well and safe.
Hugs, Julia

Anonymous said...

Please tell me what kind of frother you have, I would love to get one too. You make coffee look soooo good. Thanks

Marie Smith said...

So glad you are Covid free. It is going around here as well. Love that rug!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I bought that same frother and absolutely love it as well. It works SO much better than my old one. I LOVE how your pumpkin rug turned out. You're daughter is going to be so tickled. And, yes, you speed hook. The cookies sound enticing. My mum used to make the most amazing almond cookies but I neglected to get the recipe. Now you are going to make me go on another search. 😉 Quite the enabler you are LOL. The coasters Miss B made are cute - how sweet of her. Glad to read you escaped a covid scare. Tis the season I guess. I know last year about this time I was incredibly sick with it. Have a good new week! ~Robin~

Marcia said...

It's hard to keep cookies here too. I baked chocolate chip cookie bars for the Friends of Library bake sale on Saturday. I kept at least two before I delivered them. I learned today the bake sale cleared $500! I was glad I could be part of it.

yaya said...

Hi Cathy! I'm so glad no Covid passed your way and all is good. The cookies look adorable..little shrooms! I love almond cookie too. Your pumpkin rug is awesome and I know your daughter will love it. Miss B has learned from her Grandma when it comes to making things and how fun she made coasters for you. What a sweet kid! Our weather wasn't so great over the weekend but today was picture perfect and the rest of the week will be warm. Then I'm sure the cold will follow. Have a good week and now I need to head to the blogging table!

Granny Marigold said...

Glorious sunrise!!
Those cookies are so cute. I don't think I would have been able to resist them either.
I'm glad you didn't get the dreaded Covid ( although I've now had it twice, both times quite mild cases.)
Have a lovely week. GM

Prims By The Water said...

Your daughter will love her rug. Wow that is a lot of wool. Those cookies do look too cute. Glad they were a hit too. Miss B has the crafting genes for sure. Janice

acorn hollow said...

It is a Thereye it will heat and whip or be cold and whip I love it!

acorn hollow said...

I am at a rug school right now and a lot of us are masking

acorn hollow said...

Yes he was eating one after another! Thanks fir the visit

acorn hollow said...

Thank you I am feeling very blessed to be civid free.

Jeanie said...

Those cookies are the cutest things ever! And I love the fabric coasters. Such fun!

Dicky Bird said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! I get the phone addiction...too much. I love the rug, what an awesome gift for your daughter. The cookies...stop it...those are adorable. While I scroll on my phone, many pictures are screen shots like that of food I want to try. Have a great day!