Friday, July 14, 2023

After The Rain

We have had some crazy rain and wind, but the sun did come out for a few days. Our poor neighbor Vermont really got hit I feel so bad for them the devastation is awful. 

My walk pictures a very blurry picture of a butterfly.

And so many mushrooms! they are everywhere. 

I washed the windows in our bedroom and washed and starched the curtains. Always makes me feel just a bit more organized and neater when that is done. 

I have been cleaning out and found these suncatchers. So, I washed the big window in the kitchen took off the sticky snowflakes (that were full of little bugs ick!)that keep the birds from hitting that window and put these up. Such a better look than dead bugs. 

Concerts on the common have started for the summer. This band was a lot of country and a little old rock. Not a huge fan of country but it was nice to get out in the park to listen to the music.
Last night I took a tarot card reading class at the library. 
It was interesting and fun. I need to buy a deck these are oracle cards not the same thing. 
I also got to the local church rummage sale yesterday.
The mirror will go in my half bath we are redoing, and the pumpkin will probably go outside for 5.00 for both a steal. 
I wanted to buy a 1/2 watermelon at the grocery store the other day, and they were 8.00. I am always shocked at the prices you would think I would be used to them. So, I thought that pumpkins will be crazy expensive this year too. So that is my alternative to a real one. And I did not buy the watermelon.
***
I am off for a walk and to get some supplies for a craft project. I have 3 whole days with Sweet B while her parents are away!! I want to be ready. 
Husband and I are going on a garden walk tomorrow with friends the poor gardeners on the tour must be beside themselves because of all the rain. But again, it is a day out with great friends. 
have a wonderful weekend!





15 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Eight dollars for half a watermelon! That's a crazy price. The whole round watermelons at the grocery store are less than that, But, a seedless quarter melon is about $5.00. At x2 that a half is ten bills.

There is a way to read cards using a regular deck. The more you read them, the better you get.

Marie Smith said...

That’s a crazy price for half a watermelon but it’s the same here, further east. It sounds like you have good times coming up! Enjoy!

Marcia said...

We got 3.5 inches in that big storm but thankfully no flooding like VT did. Wonder why watermelon so expensive? Going to Hannafords today in W. Leb and hope to get some.

kathyinozarks said...

still not much rain here-we got maybe less than 10 minutes the other night-but thankful we didn't get the damaging storms as allot of Missouri did.
never seen watermelon that expensive craziness.
enjoy your time with your granddaughter sounds like fun. enjoy the garden walk

Saundra said...

It still amazes me at all the exorbitant prices when I go to the grocery store. I'm not crazy about watermelon, even the seedless type. Maybe as a kid I was but I do like cantaloupe.
Yes sad for the folks in Vermont who had the flooding. Had some rain here several days in a row but it was absorbed quickly so am lucky so far to not have the lake back again. However it sure is HUMID!

TheCrankyCrow said...

That first photo of the tree swing is so lovely! We had about 1/4" of rain the other night (Monday??) but it came with horrendous winds that I sear the rain never reached the ground. Watermelon is crazy expensive here as well...as are other things. Since I am only shopping for one, I never paid a great deal of attention to pricing since I was never buying that much or anything extravagant, but after experiencing several sticker shocks, I've started. I had wanted to make some risotto and stopped to pick up some arborio rice. Yikes. $23 for a small container. Guess who's not having risotto after all? Enjoy your craft time with Miss B!! ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

We are under storm warnings right now. Bob just got done with some bbq chops and we are eating hoping the power does not go out. Yes the poor folks in Vermont have it bad. My sister is in Phoenix visiting her so and she said it is baking over there it is so hot. Doesn't it feel good to get some cleaning done. Yeah food in general has been getting more and more expensive with this administration. So glad our house is paid for. Dont know how young couples are fairing. Janice

Julia said...

Yikes, that is pricy. I'm not a fan of watermelon but I love honeydew and cantaloupe.
Everything has gone up in price and climbing. It's been raining every day here in between the sunshine. It's been very humid and hot and I've been weeding and mulching every day and the lawn is growing at breakneck speed.

Enjoy the weekend.
Hugs,
Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

That is crazy expensive for a watermelon! I would not have bought it, either.
Enjoy your Miss B time!

yaya said...

Everything is super expensive. I did get a watermelon today at Aldi for $5 so we'll see how it tastes later. We have concerts in our park twice a week but I haven't been there this year. I'm turning into a hermit I think! I just got a magazine with an Autumn theme in the mail and it has me thinking pumpkins and Fall! Enjoy your time with Miss B and I hope the weather is good for your garden tour. Take care Cathy!

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

You have lots going on! Concerts in the park are nice, a simple, old-fashioned way to enjoy an afternoon. But you're right...it also depends on the music! Tarot cards sound intriguing...I'll have to read up on them. And yes, prices are outrageous...you'd think with summer here, fresh food prices would be better. Maybe you can trade with a friend/neighbor who is growing them? A friend and I do that and it's really nice...she gives me her extra eggs and milk and I give her baked goods in return. Hope it's a good weekend! Mary

Mari said...

We had some rain too but nothing like that!
Your windows look great. That's something I need to be working on.
Food prices are crazy. You would think in the summer fruit would be more reasonable.
Hope they garden tour is fun!

Liz Hinds said...

The weather here has been ridiculous too! Not consistent but intermittently hammering down.

Farm Girl said...

Its always nice to see how green and lush everything is at your house.
I just don't look at the prices anymore. I did buy a very small watermelon yesterday.
How nice you get to spend three whole days with Miss B. That has to be just the best part of the summer.
I hope your days are just lovely.

Jeanie said...

I saw a small/medium watermelon (seedless) for 5.99 when we were shopping last night. I wondered if that was a standard price (it might have been on sale.)

I'm at the lake for quite awhile but when I get home I'll have to look and see if I have a spare Tarot deck. It will be awhile and I wouldn't wait for me, but I'll check.