Sunday, April 30, 2023

Stitching Update

I am working on Blackberry Primitives Settler's pride quilt.
Block one is done and ohhhh are there a lot of mistakes. I am leaving it for now, but I just may redo this whole block. Or maybe I will live with it and chalk it up to a lesson. 

Some stitching done on block 2. I feel a bit more confident. 
Again, I am playing a bit with the colors. 

Another challenge among the 4 of us friends. She had me stumped but I got a pretty good idea now so I will need to stitch on this too.
It is not due until the 2nd week in June when we all can gather. It will be so good to see them and a few days just the girls is a bonus. 

I am not sure if it is Brit box or Acorn TV but they have a wonderful series with Mary Berry a brilliant British cook. I watched that a bit while I cleaned. 

And cooked. I made a pork pie usually saved for the holidays but I have done a couple of soups in the past two weeks so I thought this was easy warm and filling. It is so windy and rainy and so cold. I am glad to be tucked in with the fireplace going. 
***
Grand dog went home today. My daughter said she has slept since she got home. She was a fun visit but back to just us again.


More husband clean out loot. He brought home a tabletop aluminum tree. And a wonderful Santa. I may sell the tree I have the original box and price tag. 3.98 lol
                                                ****
I changed the comments to publish right away and not one went to my email. I have read them all and will get back to you. I promise not sure what is going on with blogger?
                               Have a wonderful week!



14 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I like your current projects. The old aluminum Christmas tree brings back memories of a time long gone. It is sunny and warm here today - and might get up past 90 degrees tomorrow. I hope you have a good week! See you again soon.

Bonnie K said...

Your projects look fun. The tree is lovely. It sounds like fun getting together with friends to work on projects.

Julia said...

I've done quilt applique with cotton by turning a narrow seam under but I've never done wool applique. I see no mistakes and it looks beautiful to me. I'm looking forward to seeing more blocks done.

We're supposed to get some rain for a good part of this week and I was looking forward to working in the yard. Maybe I'll use that time to clean my messy house.

Take care, hugs.
Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

You are off to a great start on your Maggie B project. That is a big undertaking.
Oh, I just love that egg crate Santa!!! I have two like that but not sure if the same size...and one of mine is missing a foot.
Ten day forecast in Ohio is most unpleasant. We had better weather in March.
Blogger is once again sending me emails when a comment is left. I haven't changed anything but blogger sure keeps messing things up!!!

kathyinozarks said...

I think the wool applique is a learning curve will get better the more you do. we are cold and very very windy here too.
it took me awhile to get comments to go to my inbox-a few things to make sure are done setting it up also some still do not come into my inbox especially the Yahoo emails never do.
Happy new week Kathy

Jeanie said...

You see the mistakes. I see loveliness. And isn't Mary Berry the best? I really love her.

yaya said...

I can't see any problems with those squares but I don't do crafts so I'm probably not the one to judge...however, it looks great! It's rainy and cold here too with the threat of snow tonight. Not a ton or anything and it will melt quickly but I've been freezing all weekend and we can't use our fireplaces until Summer when they get relined. A lot of good that does me now! Brrrr! I'm off today and after my hair appointment I'm going to snuggle under a blanket with a new book I just bought. Have a nice beginning of May Cathy!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I think you're making great progress on the Maggie quilt. I'd given up after the first block LOL. I have several appliqué projects gathering dust somewhere...none even remotely the undertaking of what you're doing. I've never made pork pie....but I do like Mary Berry's recipes. Oh, that Santa!!!!!! I will duel Lauren for it and you can sell tickets....?? Happy May....a snowy start to it here. ~Robin~

Anonymous said...

Your squares look perfect! Love the finds….Santa is charming and the tree is so fun.
Happy May Day! Best, V.

Prims By The Water said...

I do not see anything wrong with your block, but if you are like me it needs to be perfect. That tree and Santa were awesome finds! Janice

Marcia said...

I had that problem with comments not going to email. I put on comment moderation and the next day comments showing up twice. Took moderation off then.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Seems like so many of us are having issues with blogger and comments, Cathy. I tried to comment earlier and received the Whoops message again. Then selected the Name/URL option and the comment "seemed" to go through, but not exactly sure if it did.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

YEAH, my previous comment DID get through -- who would have thought that trying something different would actually work? Maybe this can be a work-around for other bloggers having the same issue.

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

I don't see any mistakes...I LOVE it, what talent and creativity! I just watched Mary Berry touring some beautiful very old British homes on Acorn...she goes through the rooms, gardens, etc. and then ends up cooking with the family. Oh my soooo wonderful! Enjoy your week, Mary