Monday, April 24, 2023

Do Faries Have Eyes Like A Hawk?





About the middle of this picture, you can see a hawk that hung around for a good long time. I do not know what one it was I could not get close enough to get a good picture with my phone.


But the next day while raking I think I saw the remains of what he was looking for. Nature....

As you know we have sweet B for a few days. 
And husband come home from cleaning out a house with box of costume jewelry most of it was broken. I thought it would be great for crafts.

Sweet B took one look at the old jewelry box and said can we make a fairy house of out this?? WOW yes, we can or at least try!
We dug out all our supplies and went for just a few more things and voila! we have a fairy house with a real chandelier! 


lights that work and Faries lots and lots of Faries!


The outside of the box was covered in fabric and be jeweled.

Most of the inside was repapered with fabric.

So, while the kids sleep...

There is some visiting going on downstairs. Such a fun project and truly she came up with the main idea and about 90 percent of the other ideas inside. So proud of her!
We broke for lunch today her favorite McDonald's and then a browse in the bookstore. And if you put two people together who love books there is some buying going on. Most are hers I bought My Vermont table for myself. I will never not buy her books if I can afford it. And I really like buying local.

On the way home a spin through the dump AKA the dump store.
I found 3 more cookbooks to look through for free. 
****
It has been a cold rain the past 2 days but we have been tucked inside doing crafts, so all is good. Have a great week!

14 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Sounds like so much fun in the craft room! Loved your post-
Have an awesome new week

Rugs and Pugs said...

Making memories that she will never forget. What a fun, creative project.
She is lucky to have such a sweet grandma ;-)

Saundra said...

I'm sure your granddaughter looks forward to spending time with you as much as you enjoy her visits. Great motherload of jewelry finds, kudos to hubby.

The Happy Whisk said...

The dump store! I never heard it called that before. I love it.

The fairy house is super cool!

Boud said...

That sounds like a great visit. She's very imaginative, and I can see you having a great time, never mind the weather.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Wow! That is beautiful, very creative, and looks like a lot of fun.

Julia said...

Well, that looks like a perfect day with Miss B. She's so creative like her grandmother. I bet she had such a great time creating. I hope you can find some great recipes.
It's been cold and damp here too but at least, I can't complain. The water is going down and the lawn is greening.

Take care, hugs.
Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

There are few things quite as beautiful as a child's imagination. It - and books - were my best friends growing up. I am so glad she loves books and you indulge her. I had saved all of Little Crow's books from his childhood and gave them to Mia...and have bought more...and am biting at the bit until we can go on bookstore jaunts. I told them to start buling lots and lots of bookshelves LOL. Enjoy the rest of your time together! ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Very creative and I know sweet B had fun creating her fairy house! Janice

Jeanie said...

I love it when sweet Miss B comes. I have a feeling those kind of girly crafting experiences are NOT what I'm going to have with my little guys! But we'll have other fun. Don't you just love that she jumped at the jewelry and knew exactly what she wanted to make?

WoolenSails said...

Miss B is so creative, she definitely got your genes. It is fun to have a granddaughter to do things with, but Nick does love to craft so hopefully I can teach him a few and spend more time doing things as they get older.

Debbie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Miss B obviously has inherited" your crafting talents, Linda, as that fairy box was charming and very well done. What a great experience to share on miserable weather days too. It's good that your husband was able to provide the materials and that they could be reused/recycled too.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Miss B obviously has inherited" your crafting talents, Linda, as that fairy box was charming and very well done. What a great experience to share on miserable weather days too. It's good that your husband was able to provide the materials and that they could be reused/recycled too.

Hill Top Post said...

You have a talented granddaughter, for sure... like grandmother, like granddaughter, or however that goes. I love the fairy house!