Thursday, August 6, 2026

Many Blessings


The big birthday happened. I was treated to a lobster roll by my husband, plus dinner out that evening.


The next day my sweet daughter made reservations for us to have a full English tea.

 


My sweet B, who is the tea drinker in the family, was thrilled. She was over the moon that she discovered sugar cubes.

It was Harry Potter month at the tea room, again one of Sweet B's favorites.
I could not think of a better way of celebrating than tea with my two loves.
   ***********
Plus cards, letters, calls, and gifts from my sweet friends. 
I have many blessings. Thank you to everyone who wished me an early happy birthday.

16 comments:

Saundra said...

Happy Birthday! When Katla moved to America from Iceland I kept sugar cubes as a staple for when she visited. Many a time I saw the Icelanders dip a cube in their coffee then pop it in their mouth like a piece of warm candy.
Saundra

Mari said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate! Happy birthday! I loved the photos.

WoolenSails said...

Happy Birthday! What a wonderful way to spend your birthday and the tea party was a fun way to spend it with the girls. I was raised on tea by my grandmother.

Kathylorraine said...

Happy Birthday what a lovely way to celebrate

Rugs and Pugs said...

You look terrific! Great pictures. That lobster roll looks pretty yummy.
When I was young my aunt was a live in housekeeper for a wealthy couple. When we visited her, sucking on a sugar cube was a real treat. Thanks for the memory.
Happy belated birthday πŸ₯³

Marcia said...

I'd love to know where that tea room is. Miss the one that I visited when we lived in Maryland. What a nice birthday celebration.

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Happy happy birthday! Oh my, what beautiful pictures of you sweet girls! That looks like a fantastic tea - what a brilliant idea. Such sweet memories - thanks for sharing with us.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happiest belated birthday wishes Cathy! It sounds like an amazing celebration - lunch, dinner, and then tea the next day. So glad you were properly spoiled. You look so beautiful! And I never realized how much your daughter looks like you. Blessed indeed!

Granny Marigold said...

Happy Birthday πŸŽˆπŸŽ†πŸŽˆπŸŽ‡πŸŽˆ
I love the pictures of the three of you enjoying afternoon tea!!!

Boud said...

Happy birthday! And many more. Afternoon tea is a good celebration.

Prims By The Water said...

What a wonderful outing you all had. Janice

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Happy birthday to you! It looks like you had a wonderful time! -Jenn

Hill Top Post said...

Yay for a perfect celebration for you! Happy birthday!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Best wishes on your πŸŽ‚and what a nice celebration with family. I have yet to enjoy a lobstah roll this season, but there’s still time.

Chrissy T said...

Oh, how lovely!!!! I love it. Happy Birthday!

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy Birthday. Celebrating your special day at the tea room sounds perfect. The lobster looks delicious. That's one of the few fish that I will eat. Your colorful necklace is pretty. My kids love Harry Potter. How fun that it was Harry Potter month at the tea room. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. : )