Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Lavender Nights


The late summer nights have been beautiful. The skies have been lavender in the early evening.  You also hear the peepers singing. I am sorry to see summer go.

We went to the last concert of the year. They played a tribute to Dolly. I have never cried at a celebrity passing but I shed a few tears over Dolly. She was kind and generous and an example to us all. What a great loss. 


I went to our end of summer extravaganza. This was the welcome gift.

I won this amazing game for winning the most games over the summer.

I won this Christmas mahjong mat when my name was pulled! 
   *************
My sweet grand bought a cassette player and now she is on the hunt for cassetts. Makes me smile everything old is new again.
***************
We have been invited to a lobster bake at the camp of very long time friends on Friday. Should be fun. 
Enjoy what is left of summer.

1 comment:

Mari said...

Lavender nights is a great title. I'm very sad to see summer come to an end too.
Everything does seem to come back, doesn't it? Remember those cassettes unraveling?