The late summer nights have been beautiful. The skies have been lavender in the early evening. You also hear the peepers singing. I am sorry to see summer go.
We went to the last concert of the year. They played a tribute to Dolly. I have never cried at a celebrity passing but I shed a few tears over Dolly. She was kind and generous and an example to us all. What a great loss.
I went to our end of summer extravaganza. This was the welcome gift.
I won this amazing game for winning the most games over the summer.
I won this Christmas mahjong mat when my name was pulled! *************
My sweet grand bought a cassette player and now she is on the hunt for cassetts. Makes me smile everything old is new again.
***************
We have been invited to a lobster bake at the camp of very long time friends on Friday. Should be fun.
Enjoy what is left of summer.
13 comments:
Lavender nights is a great title. I'm very sad to see summer come to an end too.
Everything does seem to come back, doesn't it? Remember those cassettes unraveling?
By some strange coincidence I'm currently looking for a cassette player. I have so many cassettes from years ago including some that have my young children speaking. How wonderful to have a tribute to Dolly Parton. She was loved.
Beautiful sky, I don't remember seeing a lavender sky-we have a gorgeous full moon tonight. That's awesome that cassettes are back. Congratulations on your winnings-nice gifts! Here in the Ozarks sometimes summer extends into most of September staying up close to the 90's I think this will occur again this year.
Never been to a lobster bake. You'll have to take some photos before you eat!
I've got Dolly playing on Alexa as I write this. She was one of a kind in a very good way!
Dolly used her God given talent to help do God's work. She did a lot of good to a lot of people who were less fortunate and she knew the struggles of dirt-poor folks.
I, too, hate to see summer come to an end. I'd love fall if winter did not follow.
Dolly...no words to describe the tremendous loss. What an amazing talent. There will never be another one like her. She truly was a gift to mankind.
Congratulations on the mah jongg wins and the lovely set and mat. We had our first and last lobster roll of the summer last weekend, but have never been to a lobster bake. Dolly Parton was truly one of a kind and a very special human being. It was nice that a tribute was played in her memory.
Beautiful skies indeed! Yes, Dolly truly was an icon. Heaven got a beautiful angel. Congratulations on the Mahjong wins! I will have to look the game up to see what it really is about. I only have a vague understanding of it. A lobster bake sounds divine! Lucky, lucky, you! I honestly can't tell you the last time I've had lobster...and I love it. Yes, photos please so we can all drool! How fun that Miss B is into the cassettes. I have drawers full of them and I believe my stereo will still play them but haven't even tried in decades. (And I suppose having a "stereo" really dates me as well LOL).
Yes, Dolly was a light! Cassette players - oh my, I had so much fun with mine.
A lobster bake! Oh my, I'd love that. I think everyone loved Dolly -- for good reason. She'll be missed. Love your Mah mat and tiles! Please let summer stay -- it's been too cool here all week.
Oh I too have been enjoying those lavender nights - great description of the evening skies...ah summer does goes so quickly...makes me want to grab each moment and hold it close to my heart. Thanks for sharing some special events in your past week. Take care and God Bless.
"lavender nights and hearts"...i see an almost heart!! i LOVE lobster and a good ole' fashioned lobster bake!!
The lavender sky is so pretty, and of course, I see a heart in it. Dolly has a line of home items, and I want to go and buy something just to remember her. I hope your grandchild finds some cassetts. Those bring back such memories, and I still have a few of them. I noticed the lobster bake on your other post. It looks delicious.
Happy September!
Post a Comment