I had some extra tomatoes from the garden. I had never made tomato soup before always sauce. So I found a recipe that worked. It came out so good and I froze a few batches for our sunday nights tomato soup and grilled cheeses this winter.
I met friend on Friday for a walk and
stroll through the thrift store. I think it
was polka dot day for me. A long sleeve t-shirt and a sweater.
Friday afternoon we met friends for our lobster bake. It was so good! The best part was visiting with long time friends.
Then in the afternoon we went to a re-enactment of revolutionary soldiers that were buried in that cemetery. This couple had 15 children only 9 lived to adulthood. But the most interesting thing was her great grandmother was hung as a witch in Salem. She was a widow and ran the farm with her children. The puritans did not like that. Then a neighbor child started having seizures and then a cow stopped giving milk. She was branded a witch and hung.
This man was also in the war. His wife was the daughter of one of the generals. His great grandparents were some that accused the other woman's great grandmother of witchcraft and was instrumental in her hanging. Interesting that they ended up moving to same small area many years later.
***************
Today I have my feet up making a list for what I will need for my trip in a couple of weeks.
Have a wonderful week.











No comments:
Post a Comment