Sunday, August 23, 2026

A Slow Week


The only thing blooming right now in my wall garden is Russian sage and zinnias. 


I had a shirt I  thrifted that needed something. A few buttons and some embroidery made it better. Now I am going to put a bee on the sleeve. 
   Not much happening right now here. A lot of weeding and cutting back. My gardens were neglected this summer. 
  I am looking forward to a mahjong tournament on Tuesday. 
  Have a great week.




12 comments:

Mari said...

I love what you did with that thrifted shirt~

Granny Marigold said...

Zinnias are some of the best flowers for the hot dry summer we've had. Looks like yours did well too.

Kathylorraine said...

Enjoy the tournament-lovely flowers-I am hoping to be able to get out in the garden soon-to pull weeds especially have a good new week
Kathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

What an unusual butterfly....and what a beautiful photo!! I love your stitchy embellishments on the shirt. It looks like bittersweet to me and I adore bittersweet (although mine is less than prolific this year). Best of luck with the tournament! Look at you - just a novice a few months back and now tournament saavy!

Chrissy T said...

Have a wonderful week, Cathy!! Love the shirt!

Bonnie K said...

My garden is also pretty slow. Love what you did with the shirt. I've only played mahjong on line.

Donna said...

Aww!! What a cute blouse addition! You're so talented!!
hugs
Donna

Marcia said...

You have a good artistic touch to think of how to beautify that shirt.

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Oh the stitching is perfect - what a talent! And yes - weeds are taking over here -it’s just been too hot to work harder. But yesterday was perfect -70 and a cool breeze - happy dance!

Pam said...

I think what you did with the shirt was right on the mark! Very pretty.

Jeanie said...

I would be thrilled to have anything so lovely as your zinnias and sage blooming!

Red Rose Alley said...

That is the prettiest picture of the golden flower and the butterfly. It reminds me of Autumn. : )