Sunday, August 16, 2026

Fancy Thrifting


I finally filled the cruet with dish soap,it looks so much nicer on the counter. I also got the water jug and tray. Both nice to use everyday. 


Some frames that I am sure will come in handy for paintings or stitching. The print I will use for junk journaling.
This was my daughter's idea: a crystal plate as a drawer organizer. A good one I think.

Our garden is producing a few tomatoes and cukes, so I made a very yummy tomato pie.


This came up in my Facebook memories oh how time flies!
The weather has been fall-like, so I've had more energy. I washed and waxed my kitchen floor; the old floor looks pretty good again.
I also did a lot of work in my gardens and I do mean a lot! My poor old body feels it too.
 Have a wonderful week.

12 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Great thrifting once again. Wow sweet B was so little back then. Boy they sure grow up fast. Your floor looks like my mom's kitchen floor. Janice

Boud said...

I love thriftie items in use. And you did a great job on that floor, seizing the energy when you could. The heat has really knocked the stuffing out of most of us. Roll on Fall.

Mari said...

I think your daughters idea was a good one too and looks pretty classy. That tomato pie looks so good!

Deb J. in Utah said...

You got some great thrift store finds! Your floor looks great! It's good that your weather has cooled off. Enjoy the week ahead.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your "fancy thrifting" is so clever and fun. Awww....that photo of sweet little Miss B sure must pull tightly on your heart strings. How adorable and precious. We are cooler here but so, so, dry. I am weary of watering. Have a good new week ahead.

Daisy Debs said...

Yummy looks so good ! 🤩 Now I'm gonna make a cheese and tomato flan here too !

Donna said...

Love a good tomato pie!
hugs
Donna

Rugs and Pugs said...

How time flies. Miss B is now almost grown up!
You always find fun stuff thrifting. The rare time I stop I find nothing. I guess I should stop more often.

Jeanie said...

You had some productive thrifting. I like the idea of the cruet for dish soap. Seeing that pitcher reminds me that my iced tea pitcher broke this week and I need to replace it!

Marcia said...

We are enjoying the cooler temps too. I'm off to Ohio tomorrow to meet up with three friends from college days. Last get together for the 4 of us was 16 years ago!

Kathylorraine said...

Good morning, we soooo need a break from the high temps and humidity-a cool down with rain would be so welcomed. I miss not being able to thrift-we have an animal shelter thrift store not to far from me but I don't get out much these days,
Have a good new week

Saundra said...

I don't go in my local thrift shops any longer as I don't want to bring more stuff in when I should be taking more things there. But sure did like thrifting in the past.