Sunday, December 31, 2023

That's A Wrap!

Happy New Year! May it bring good health, Laughter and sweet peace. 

I couldn't sleep so I was up early this morning. This is why I do not rush to put Christmas away. We have it for such a short time I am going to enjoy it as long as I can. 

I made some pumpkin spice scones and coffee and with my snowman mug I was feeling very festive and tired.  



Yesterday we went to my brother in laws for our annual Christmas gathering. How amazing is this??? The table is where you deposited the food as you came in. 

I mean come on this is magic!!!

Husband gave me a gift certificate to Dorr mill when I retired in June. Well Dorr was having their annual sale, time to spend it. 

These are all half yard pieces, the green doesn't show up very well. I also got a full yard piece of a grayish brown great for backgrounds in my rugs. 

If you have been to Dorr Mill you know they sell higher end clothing.
They had them marked down I tried a few things on and settled on this top. I think it got marked down more than they wanted as there were some discussion between the clerks about it when I checked out. I just love it. And I only went 7.00 over my gift certificate! Win win!

I was able to take a quick spin around the local thrift store this week 2.50 dish towel and a shade for my porch lights. 

I was able to have a pre-birthday lunch with this sweet girl far left.
She became a teenager!!! sob sob where did the time go?? 
***
My daughter was out to dinner and was approached by a blog friend who knew her from her pictures on here. 
Ok Michelle I will not post the selfie my daughter took with the two of you but I would love an email (myacornhollow@yahoo.com)so I can match you to your blog. 
By the way my daughter was thrilled to meet you, you were very kind. 
****
Well I guess that is it for this year. My next post I will have a        give away celebrating my 14 years of blogging. 
Happy New Year!

17 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happy New Year Dear Cathy... Yes, magical is the perfect description of that wonderful Santa's sleigh decor at your brother's. I love the top you got - it's so wonderfully classic that I am sure you will wear it for many years to come. Happy Belated Birthday to Miss B. Here's to hoping her teenage years are filled with dreams come true. ~Robin~

Saundra said...

I'm envious of you being so close to Dorr, particularly since they are having a sale and selling high end clothing.

Happy New year.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Happy New Year Cathy to You & Yours!

The wall hanging is gorgeous. Very nice decorations all

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you had a nice end to the year! Spending that gift certificate sounds like lots of fun. May you and yours have a wonderful 2024! See you again soon.

yaya said...

Happy New Year Cathy! Now on to 2024 and I hope it's filled with lots of hooking, thrifting, walking, time with hubby, time with friends and more years of blogging! I love the sweater you picked out..it will look fabulous on you this winter! Prayers and hugs from Ohio to you and your family!

Prims By The Water said...

Happy New Year my friend. That was a magical table display too. Kudos to whomever did it. Janice

kathyinozarks said...

Happy New Year-sounds like the perfect time to spend your gift certificate-loving the top too.
Hugs Kathy

Marie Smith said...

Happy New Year! Hope your fondest wishes come true!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy, Happy New Year!!!
Great wool from Dorr and I love that top ;-)
Miss B is 13??? How did that happen???
Health and happiness to you and David in 2024.
xoxo

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

The top, the thrift shop, the fabric, the scones...what a way to celebrate - good for you! And I agree...I read so many posts where folks take down the decorations on the 26th...I just can't do that...for me it seems a bit sad to tuck them away for a year. Santas may get put away, but snowmen and trees with twinkling lights will stay through January! It's a lovely way to brighten the darker days. Sending New Year's wishes...so glad to stop by here each time!

Bonnie K said...

I love the sweater. I'm sure that store would be Heaven for me. Your Granddaughter seems very talented. Quite the display at your brothers. Very festive. Can't wait to see what the new year brings.

Hill Top Post said...

I also love the sweater. The buttons on the sleeves are a nice touch. My plans are to dress up more each day of the year. Day 1 was fun and kept me in good spirits. I hope you have a wonderful new year.

Jeanie said...

Happy New Year, Cathy. I do love that hanging and your sweater, too. Good finds!

Farm Girl said...

Happy New Year!
I wish how I wish I could go to the store at Dorr Mill. I love that sweater you bought, but my goodness to be able to see all of that wool in person.
Oh gosh, I need to count up, 14 years is a long time to blog. I think I am about there though. I never think to check.
It looks like you had a lovely Christmas time.
Stay Warm.
Kim

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

All the best for this new year to you, Cathy and your husband and family and hoping ift will be a happy and healthy one for us all. The decorations at your brother's were lovely. Like you, I do not "hurry" to take any decorations down and this year, my husband is leaving the New England village up through January, possibly into February. We enjoy seeing it lit each evening when we're in the living room. The pumpkin scones looked so good as did the snowman mug. And your bargain top was really lovely.

Granny Marigold said...

I still have my tree and most of the 'winter' decor up too. I always think the house looks bare after I take it all down.
I like the woolen top you chose. I wish I didn't have a sensitivity to wool...not exactly an allergy but it makes me itch something terrible. Have a great rest-of-the-week.

Debbie said...

the decorations at your brothers house are really beautiful!! all of mine are taken down and packed away!! i start to feel a sense of clutter if i leave it up too long!!
that is a beautiful sweater and don't you just love a good bargain?!?!

wishing you a new year filled with joy!!