Wednesday, December 13, 2023

The Things You Learn


Last night I went to bed really early but I was awake at 1am and could not get back to sleep so I scrolled. I found you could put the youtube app on your smart TV and choose TV art! Genius! No more black hole over the mantle!
And there are hundreds to choose from! I kinda love it. I have hated that TV over the fireplace since we put it there.



Today has been fold and snow squalls. It is suppose to all clear out so I can watch the metor showers tonight. 
I had my women's group here on Monday night. A few bowed out they were not feeling well and I appreciated that so much 
But the really exciting news is I am having 3 of my dear friends come for an overnight tomorrow night! One from Vermont,one from upstate NY, and one from the seacoast of Maine. We are all meeting here and they are staying over. Eeek I feel like a kid again!
I had some requests for my banana bread. Let me know if you can't read it. It makes one large loaf or two small.
I added a tspoon of Chai seasoning which turned out delicious. Bake at 350 for 1 hrs for large loaf. Aways test for doneness everyone's oven is different. 
********************
Well gotta go have a wonderful week. 

15 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Your friend sleepover sounds fun. love the art over fireplace. I'm with you, I don't like I don't like TV's there. The art helps. Looks great.

Marcia said...

Friends visiting will be lots of fun.

Saundra said...

Oh that sounds like a fun teenage weekend. Buy some facial packets from Walmart. I did that one year at rug camp. We tried to not laugh so we wouldn't crack the facial but made us want to laugh even more. It was such fun. Looking forward to you sharing all the fun.

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Good for you...friends who will be up half the night laughing and solving the world's problems...how wonderful!!

Granny Marigold said...

Don't you hate it when you go to bed early to catch up on your sleep and end up waking in the wee hours and unable to go back to sleep!!
I hope you have a wonderfull and fun time when your friends come and sleep over ❤❤❤

yaya said...

Your home is so beautiful! I love the dining room! I enjoy going to Youtube and putting on the Christmas music that has scenes like a village or a fireplace and just sitting and reading with the peaceful scene. Of course I usually fall asleep! Have a ton of fun with your friends. I don't know if we will have those meteor showers here. The night is nice and clear and it would be fun to see! Take care Cathy!

kathyinozarks said...

How fun!! A sleep over-enjoy
technology continues to amaze me

Rugs and Pugs said...

Now how cool is that to have "artwork" over the mantle?
Your home is so lovely and inviting. I'm sure you will have a blast with the sleepover, though I wonder how much sleep you will get ;-)

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Everything looks so cozy! Husband discovered the charming winter scenes on Youtube last year. Sometimes it's the fireplace channel. A sleepover! - you will feel like a kid again! -Jenn

Julia said...

I'm glad that you discovered a new fun way to brighten your day with YouTube. Your home looks so inviting and warm. I think at the pace you're going, you'll stay young for a long time. Have a fun weekend and tell us all about it. Thanks for sharing the Banana Bread recipe. I appreciate it.

I hope that you'll get to see the meteorite showers tonight.
Hugs,
Julia

Marie Smith said...

The ricotta is an interesting touch. Love this! Thank you.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That TV art is cool. I love it! A sleepover with friends is always fun no matter how old we are. Enjoy! See you again soon. :-)

acorn hollow said...

It gives it a nice texture and added protein.

Jeanie said...

You're celebrating the holidays right, with good friends, good food and loads of fun! Happy you solved your fireplace dilemma!

Prims By The Water said...

YAY for your sleepover. Sounds like fun! I will need to check out that tv art. How cool. Janice