Sunday, September 10, 2023

The Rain Falls Mainly In Maine

A new week another trip to Maine. 
This week  my dear friend offer us her beach house when she went away. just as we got settled in the clouds come rolling in off the ocean. 
And it rained and it was windy, and it was a bit crazy for a good while. 

We stayed in after we got settled and the evening came, and it was lighting so vivid you could stand on the back deck and watch it roll in. The lights flickered a lot, but we never lost power. Not the same for others in the area. We went out and about the next morning and there were electric crews with 5 transformers lined up to be replaced. Trees and limbs down everywhere. We were extremely lucky.

That morning I was up and, on the beach, early for the sunrise. 
and a bit of a walk. 

And then Saturday afternoon we got some visitors! My sweet B and her best friend trying out the ocean. 

And my daughter and son in law. Such a wonderful bonus to have them there with us for an overnight. 

But as aways the sun sets on the good times, and we all had to go back to reality. 
****

We have been hotter this past week than we have all summer. 
Usually, this time of year the evenings cool off but not this time. It was horrid 90s and super high humidity. It zaps my energy, and I am good for nothing. I did go to the thrift store for a walk around. (they are air conditioned) I only found this little owl he is about 4 inches high I thought he would look good on my Halloween shelf. Well, he is carved from a piece of Canadian coal. I had never seen anything like that. 2.00 a good deal.
***
There has also been progress on our shower install the plumbers came and now it is up to husband to finish up and get the plumbers back for the finish. I will be so glad when this project is done. 
***
I am going to get back to healthy eating and exercising I have been not such a good eater lately. Potato chips my downfall!!!
I will also count my blessings for I have so many!
Have a wonderful week.

11 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Stunning cloud photo, beautiful photos
It is good news y'all didn't loose power.
The heat and humidity, you describe well. It was the same her late last week especially. Walk outdoors felt like Harry Potter death eaters pulling the life out of me.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ooooo....look at those ominous clouds! Yikes. I'm glad the sun shone for you a bit when the kids were there but for some reason, I'm thinking the ocean looks cold? We had that incredible heat and humidity the end of August/first of September, but it broke a few days ago. Now we are back to 60's during the day and 40's at night. Brrr... Quite an abrupt change. But at least the temps now match the dried brown crunchiness that our vegetation become months ago. I love your little coal owl! Great find! ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Yes you were lucky. Hoe fun to have your family visit. Are there sharks up that far North? We might have frost tonight. UGH Janice

Julia said...

We've had the very same kind of weather as you did. Heavy thunder and lightning all night and we lost power shortly after 3 a.m. and it stayed off until around noon. We went uptown to eat and run some errands and As I walked into the house the power had just come on. It rained heavily all night. For some reason, our generator didn't turn on as I think we must have run out of propane.

How lovely to have your family come by for a visit.

Take care, hugs.
Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a fun trip and a beautiful place to stay! Geez, Miss B is almost as tall as her mom!
Hopefully your weather will break soon. We have been very fall like for a few days.
Potato chips are DSO's downfall, too ;-)

Hill Top Post said...

Another fun trip, even with rain. Of course your sweet family showing up made it even better. Your pictures are wonderful.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yep, potato chips are my downfall too. I can't eat just one. I do better when I don't have them in the house at all! I love that cute little owl. What a great thrift store find. You weekend at the beach with your daughter and her family looks like a perfect way to end summer. So glad you could go. I hope you have a great week! See you again soon.

Granny Marigold said...

Amazing clouds in those 2 first pictures.
Quite a storm you had but luckily no power outage.
That little Owl was a good thrifty find and will look good as part of your display.
Have a good week. GM

Marie Smith said...

Our nights have been hot and humid too. We don’t expect it in September!

Bonnie K said...

That sunrise on the beach photo is amazing. What a nice treat to stay in a beach house.

Jeanie said...

You were lucky on every account -- a generous friend and no power loss. The next day looks lovely. What a great weekend!