Sunday, September 24, 2023

Quite A thrifting Haul

I finally bought a frother for my half and half for my coffee in the morning. I added some pumpkin spice to it and yummm! One of my hooking friends has one and I love it, so I finally purchased my own. 

A local church had their final sale of the season. 
I had skipped a couple of the others. I am so glad I went! 
These are paper patterns for rug hooking! and video I will pass along. 

I poked through tubs and tubs of bits and bobs and came out with so many really great things for stitching and crafting. My grand cannot wait to get here for some crafting time. 
So many wonderful stitching things. And wrapping tissue 

A plastic pumpkin with a fun expression.

Wonderful stitching kit...

A small wooden spoon with a small crack I sanded it and reoiled it. 

A tiny pin that is hand painted that looks like the Jackson Bridge we dance on in August. And there was more than didn't make the picture the price 10.00! It will more than keep me stocked for the winter. I do plan on sharing some stuff and passing on some things. 
I have such fun on the hunt you never know what you will fall into. 

I have been cleaning up the gardens my fairy roses are still going strong. Look at this little bee he is so happy he kept going around and around in this flower. 

Because I have been in the shed, I dug out some of our Halloween decorations. Husband made this pumpkin. It is on our gate and if you look to the left a frog is peeking over his shoulder.


My cement crow stays out all summer I just added the tombstone. 
***
There were glorious days last week and I made the best of them. It is now overcast with the threat of rain. Chilly and raw day a good soup day. Football at 1 I hope they do better this week not a good start for them. 
Have a wonderful week!


16 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a haul for $10.00!!! You and Miss B will have so much fun creating and making memories.
I need to get busy in the gardens, too!!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great bunch of treasures! I am sure you and Miss B will put them all to wonderfully creative use. I'm curious as to what kind of frother you chose. I need to get a new one. This year's weather has been gluttonous feast or dreadful famine it seems. After a summer of no rain, yesterday it poured buckets and buckets...and more buckets. Unfortunately, including inside the house. Grrrr... Today it is just drizzly thank goodness, but cool and windy. I'm heading to the kitchen shortly to do some baking...and decide on which soup sounds best for dinner. ~Robin~

Julia said...

Wow! You certainly got your money's worth. I was thinking how much Miss B. would have loved to rummage through all the bins. I bet her creativity would have been excited at the prospect of what she could create.

We're having some fair sunny weather for a change.

Take care. Hugs

Julia

Saundra said...

Great goodies you uncovered and fantastic price. Does your gran have an interest in learning to hook? Looks like a couple beginner designs there.

Granny Marigold said...

Great thrifty treasures.
I happened to mention a frother to my kids and now I have three!!! Two are basically identical
( battery operated) but the third one heats as well as froths the milk. Trouble is...I can never decide whether I like my coffee black or with sweetener and milk.

acorn hollow said...

Lol I never do black I do cream only this heats it too so a nice got cup of coffee
Cathy

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Nice haul, the wreath is beautiful. Love the frog over the shoulder.

Hena Tayeb said...

You got quite a great haul. I love that wooden spoon.

Prims By The Water said...

You sure did score! Great haul. Cute frog peeking out of the pumpkin. Soup sounds yummy. Have been pulling out my soup recipes for the next shopping trip to stock up on ingredients. Janice

kathyinozarks said...

Awesome finds! I am feeling old these days, as around 10-12 years ago a neighbor and I would search resale shops etc for great craft finds-always sooo fun!
enjoy your new week hugs Kathy

Marie Smith said...

Great finds. Crafting time sounds great!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Great finds at the church thrift sale. I love your fun Halloween decorations! Happy fall to you! See you again soon!

Jeanie said...

Yu found wonderful things! I should go shopping with you -- yo have the knack!

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Definitely a great bunch of finds...good for you! What kind of frother did you get? (since you really like it) I'm not a coffee drinker, but that froth on top would make hot chocolate so much better!

yaya said...

So many fun things! You are the best bargain hunter! I know you will enjoy the items you scored and I bet Miss B will too. I love your sweet pumpkin and crow with the tombstone. I just finished decorating my house for Halloween as well as Autumn. I do so much that I wanted to get it done early. We're having another family gathering for our Halloween party otherwise I'm not sure I would go to so much trouble decorating...it's exhausting! But glad it's done. It's been cloudy, cool and bit rainy here but that makes me get in the Fall mood! Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to posting! I'm a blog slacker!

acorn hollow said...

It is thereye frother from Amazon. It does hot or cold. So far I love it.
Cathy