Sunday, February 26, 2023

A Wonderful Visit

We have been getting snow every few days again. And it has turned cold. Winter is not going out wimpy that is for sure. 

We have had so many crows and it seems if I go anywhere, I see a crow. There were 3 in this tree and seeing three means an impending change yep there is a change coming. 

We got a chance to see sweet B for an overnight. We always like to craft together, and we found these dancers that were easy to make, and we had all the supplies to make them. She painted their skirts with watercolors, and I fashioned the bodies. They are so sweet!

I texted a picture to my friends, and they suggested a mobile great idea so now they dance on the air!

She loves them and I sent her home with plenty of supplies to make more. 

She read a few minutes before lights out and then I never heard another peep from her until after 9am. I think Gramie tired her out. But it could also be she had a friend over the night before lol.
***
We got light snow most of the day I went out to shovel the walkway and the back deck it is so light it is like shoveling feathers. 
When you bring the shovel up to tip it out half of it flies off. 
More snow coming tomorrow night.  No complaints I am very blessed with a warm home and great friends and family. I have more than I need. 
Have a wonderful week!

11 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Cute granddaughter. I love the dancers you two made and the way you made a mobile!

Saundra said...

Glad you and granddaughter had a good crafting day. Would love to see the hooked rug on the wall behind her and learn whose pattern it is, if known.

Julia said...

I'm glad that you had a wonderful visit with Miss B. Like her grandmother, she has a creative side to her. I was wondering if she had some ideas about what she would create with the fabric challenge that you got from your friend?

It's a damp cold that feels cold right to the bones. 22 days to spring. Stay warm and cozy.
Hugs,
Julia

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you got to spend some time with your granddaughter. The little dancer mobile you made with her is darling. We are expecting more snow tonight too. I hope that you stay safe and warm and have a good week.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Those ballerinas are too sweet. Making memories...aaahhhhhh!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Gorgeous dancer mobile! Shoveling feathers...love that description.
Light powder snow is what we have here in Vermont.

Donna said...

Im so sick of this snow...had to cancel our hooking group for tomorrow...ugh.I just love that you get to hang with B...and what a great little project. They look so sweet hanging from that ring. I will include her in our next stitching chalenge.

Prims By The Water said...

How sweet those dancers look and a great idea to hang them like a mobile! We have had ice storms lately. Knock on wood we do not lose power. Suppose to be like this until the wee ours of the morning. Janice

yaya said...

How fun to make such cute crafts with Miss B! I think that mobile is adorable and I'm sure that sweet girl will make many more. We have had pretty good weather but I think snow is in the forecast for the end of this week. Stay warm and have a good week Cathy!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Those dancers looked wonderful and what a fun craft time with your granddaughter too. The idea of a mobile was perfect. Yes, we too are getting many bouts of light snow, but no worries here about any shoveling.

Jeanie said...

Those dancers are so cute. I love them as a mobile especially. They must just seem to float!