Sunday, April 3, 2022

Reading

My bare sticks are in full bloom. Makes the kitchen happy!


I am almost done my last egg. It is not as crooked as it looks.
I will put fabric on the back and then use them as hot pads or just as coasters

With my new glasses I was able to get through a book without eye strain.

I do not recommend this book I have read several books about this time. I know nothing about Mrs Emmerson but I feel I know less now. At first I felt sorry for her but then it was like come on!
She had no outstanding qualities she did not write or study the writers of that time she did a whole lot of nothing but stand around wringing her hands over her marriage. Granted this is fiction. But there were very famous women writers of this time. 
Sara Orne Jewett, Celia Thaxter who was very influential and held Salons on her family's island, Star island. Where Emerson, Greenleaf whittier, Thoreau, and others gathered. I will end it here as I do not want to bore those not interested in the writings of that time. 
***
A coating of snow for us overnight tonight and then rain most of the week. April showers....
Have a great week

9 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Thanks for the warning on the book. We had rain today...but it will be 75 degrees on Thursday (just for a day) Blessings to you

Julia said...

Yay for the Forsythia blooming. I have a small patch of daffodil in a sheltered area in buds. It's so exciting.

Your eggs are looking good. I read the reviews on that book and it does sound boring. Maybe she wrote the book because she was bored. lol...

Julia

Farm Girl said...

Oh goodness, now I am so glad I didn't go track that book down! I really do love book reports. I had dug out my book by Celia Thaxter to read, I read it in the spring. I am glad you mentioned her. I love your eggs and what a great idea for making pot holders out of them. Thank you for stopping by my blog, yes, I love gardens too. I noticed two hawks next door building a nest this morning. We have crows building nests in the palm tree behind us and the doves think our fan blades outside are a perfect place to put their six sticks for a nest. It will be in your place very soon I think. Have a wonderful day, and I loved that book report and it would be fun to see some more. I am glad you got new glasses and can read to your hearts content now.

WoolenSails said...

I like your eggs, that is a great idea. I make quilted ones but I know wool can hold the heat and thicker, so a fun idea for the holidays and a great decoration on the table.

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your hooked eggs are too sweet!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I had been planning to look for that book, Cathy, after you mentioned it in a previous post. Now, am really glad that I did not so thanks for the review and caution. The eggs looked very colofrful. No snow in the forecast but several days of rain are on the way to Nashua, NH, this week.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Life is too short for boring books.... Thanks for the candid "report." I hadn't yet looked it up after your first post about it and now I won't LOL. Love the egg!! ~Robin~

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I chuckled at "You can't read all day if you don't start in the morning." So true!

Dicky Bird said...

Those eggs look great.