Monday, April 18, 2022

Snow????

My daughter and I had a wonderful evening out! We went to see Three Dog Night. Trust me the ones remaining are old but what a show. Better than I have seen much younger performers do.

This venue was a falling down old theater, and it has all been redone. And it is beautiful!!! Such a fun night with old memories flooding back. 

The next day we headed to my daughter's house for an overnight. We followed the Easter Bunny into the neighborhood 

And in the pouring rain he left glow in the dark eggs. So fun our grand spotted them out her window. 

When everyone was settled the Easter bunny came!! 

Sunday afternoon my husband's side of the family gathered for ham and all the fixings. 

There was an Easter egg hunt and cookie decorating.

And afternoon card games. 

There was Chinese jump rope (my daughter the teacher showing them how it is done)
It snowed, it hailed, and the sun came out the wind was cold and then it stopped it was a crazy weather day. But everyone seemed to have a good time. 

I came home to my plants in bloom. I planted them from sticks March 13th. Sadly, we are supposed to get 1 to 3 inches of snow tonight so there will be no putting plants outside yet. 
What a fun and busy week. 
***
Happy Belated Easter!

12 comments:

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

What fun family time! We visited our family vicariously via video. Your geranium is splendid. And tomorrow we’re due high winds and awful much rain. Eyes will be on the River.Happy Easter

Saundra said...

Weather here has gotten cooler and actually had to turn the heat back on. What a wonderful Easter you had with family and Three Dog Night!

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, thank you for sharing your very awesome family Easter weekend. Looks like soooo much fun. and a concert too-hugs
Can't believe you will be getting snow-sigh we are cold and rain still-but I won't complain after reading snow-hugs Kathy

Sue in Suffolk said...

Getting snow so late is all wrong! Hope it doesn't last long and soon melts away again

Julia said...

What a fun-filled Easter you all had. It was well organized. I love the glow-in-the-dark Easter egg hunt. I've never heard of it. When the kids were younger, we hid chocolate eggs everywhere in the house and some were found throughout the year. It was the highlight of the day for the kids. They loved the egg hunt and it was always too cold to do an Easter egg hunt outside.

Happy Easter to you and yours.
Hugs,
Julia

Dicky Bird said...

Oh that sounds like such a nice weekend. All but the snow.

TheCrankyCrow said...

It sounds...and looks like...you have a fun and festive Easter. The bunny peeking in the basket looks so very real! That theatre looks much like our old Grand Theatre" downtown... It was restored years ago and is just beautiful...albeit haunted LOL. Glad you enjoyed the show. That is one I would have definitely gone to even though I am not much of a show goer. We woke up to snow covering the ground again here too and it has snowed all morning. I know it could be worse, but it sure gets old this time of year. You are so lucky to have your beautiful geraniums to brighten the days. And yikes! Your "stick geraniums" look better than some of mine do that I buy from the greenhouse and baby. Happy Monday Cathy.... ~Robin~

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated Easter greetings to you as well and looks like you had a wonderful celebration, Cathy despite the sometimes fickle weather, but this is New England!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Looks like you had the perfect Easter celebration with family!
Our little city also has a wonderfully restored theater from 1928. A true gem. Happy to hear it was a good concert.
Snow here in Ohio today, too.
Amazing how quickly your little sticks of geraniums bloomed.

Farm Girl said...

What a wonderful time! I love those great light up eggs.
I hope your snow goes away and then spring will be there all in its glory.

WoolenSails said...

It looks like you had.a wonderful Easter and always fun with family.
I do miss having more of my family around.

Debbie

Jeanie said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! Three cheers! Yes, we were on the snow path, too. Supposedly 1-3 but we didn't get anything that stuck, so that's a big relief. I hope your geraniums were OK. Thanks for coming by!