Sunday, April 24, 2022

North Of The Notch

Here in NH we have a notch or path between large mountains. 
The weather can be night and day going through that notch. 
On the north side of that notch it stays colder....a bit longer

But it is pure beauty no matter where you look. 

I love the little towns. This is Bethlehem just lovely. 
We also went to Littleton, they have an amazing Main Street.  

heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
Henry David Thoreau

We went into this little artist shop and I fell completely in love with his art. 

He is from NH and grew up further north of Littleton. 

He was a fun person to talk to. 



I bought finger puppets at another store, I couldn't resist. Last weekend when I asked my grand (Miss B) if she was happy Easter was being held at her house instead of mine. She said "Well I like your house better it is magical" awwww I love that she thinks magic happens here! Maybe it does!

Totally love this sign I saw in a store lol. 

I finished two flowers but I do not like the stems. 
So I will pull out the stems and start again. I will show the change when I make it.


I finished Hannah's war. It is historical fiction based on the woman who worked on the Manhattan Project. I did do a bit of research on her. This really did not follow her career at all. It was ok, it started off good and then it became a spy- romance book. I did like that I found out about her with my little bit of research as I had no knowledge of her and just bare basics of the atom bomb.



Looked around the bookstore I work in and I found this book,
again historical fiction based on a time not a person. World war II era in England. I have never read this author, I am a few chapters in and I like her writing. I really wanted to read The Victory Garden by her but I could not find it and my library does not have it.  
***
Have a wonderful week!

12 comments:

Saundra said...

Sweet finger puppets and your granddaughter will love them.
When I lived in the east Bay area in California there would be a huge temperature difference between San Ramon, CA and San Francisco. So much so we'd have to carry sweaters to wear as we were crossing the Golden Gate Bridge.
Hippies sign.."Peace, Love and Understanding" ..they forgot to include free sex and drugs in the sign. I wasn't there but that was the theme.

kathyinozarks said...

Good evening,
I really enjoyed your post. Wow I love the view of mountains, back in the late '70s I lived in Denver for awhile and really loved the mountains all around.
Awesome artist, loved his work how nice to be able to talk with him. Yep Hippie era me too My husband even went to Woodstock-he was on leave from the war for a bit.(before I knew him)
finger puppets too cute. Happy new week ahead hugs Kathy

Julia said...

The mountains are beautiful in your area. I love those cute finger puppets and I bet that Miss B. will love them too and will probably want to make her own.

I never was attracted to the Hippy counterculture movement in the 60ies as I had different values but they did affect us over time.

The artist's work is really beautiful and you were lucky to have met him.

It's overcast here this morning but the sun is supposed to come out around 10 am.

Have a great day.
Hugs, Julia

Julia said...

Miss B. will love those finger puppets and I bet that she will probably want to make her own.

Somehow, I was not part of the counterculture Hippy movement that hit in the 60ies and just didn't share the same values.

I like the artist's artwork.

It's overcast this morning and that

Hill Top Post said...

Now that’s a trip I would love to make! Of course I would want to stop at those inviting little shops along the way. Your flowers are looking good! I enjoy seeing your work in progress. Maybe we all need just a little hippie in us! 😉

Farm Girl said...

I loved that sign, it made me laugh. I was too young to be a "hippie" but I wanted to be one so bad. The kind before they started dropping LSD and all of that stuff.
I liked the clothes. Haha. My Mom didn't so I didn't get to wear them or have straight hair. :)
I love those little finger puppets and Miss B's comment how very sweet.
Your books look wonderful but like you I would be disappointed that the book wasn't more about Hannah. I have heard of Rhys Bowen but have never read books by that author.
Your rug is lovely. So is your hooking, your loops look so nice and even.
I hope you have a lovely week. We never get that much snow on our mountains.
It is really beautiful.

yaya said...

I hope our warm weather will head your way while cold seems to be returning. That artist is really cool. I would enjoy his work also. Cute little puppets. How sweet to have your home be a place of fun, memories and most of all magic for Sweet Miss B! I remember my Grandma's house in the same way. Have a good week!

Rugs and Pugs said...

New Hampshire is a very beautiful state!!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

That's it.... NH is definitely going on my "really-wanna-visit" list. It looks beautiful and sounds charming. Strange, but just this morning someone who has lived in MA all their life suggested that I would likely really enjoy NH. I can readily see why you fell in love with that artist's work...it's full of nature and magical forest-y places and critters. Love the finger puppets...they look to be hand felted? Makes me want to break out my roving. I don't think that Miss B could have paid you any higher compliment... Oh to be known as a home to magic!! (The good kind of course!) Your newest book sounds like it would be something I would enjoy...so I am definitely looking forward to your final review. Always on the hunt for good reads you know. 😉 Peace and Out ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Amazing views I am sure. I visited NH as a teen with my parents, but do not remember the towns we went through. My parents wanted to do a covered bridge vacation out East. It was actually fun! I can see why sweet B loves your home. It is magical! Janice

Dicky Bird said...

That looks amazing....beautiful!

Jeanie said...

I LOVE that your grand thinks you have a magical house! That's just the best. Period! NH certainly looks beautiful. I've only been on the coast, which was lovely, but the mountains look beautiful, too. I'm afraid I would have lost my mind in that wonderful shop. I loved the art and the finger puppets are perfect!