Monday, February 7, 2022

Sweet B

Old Phil saw his shadow in these parts 6 more weeks. I hope Phyllis is right he lied. 
And then there is this old wisdom. It was bright and sunny for us so she must have gathered lots of firewood. 
We have been very snowy this past week a storm on Sat that really hit the southern part of our state and a mess on Friday we had to shovel sleet! at least an inch of it. with about 8inches of snow on top. so heavy and wet. Nothing brewing in the next 5 days, but it has been very cold again. 


We got a weekend visit from Miss B our grand, so I spent some time in my wool room pulling out lots of things for her to create with. 

And here she is in her glory. she loves stitching. I will show you more, but she made presents so I have to wait until after valentine's day.

We also made walnut boxes.

when you opened them, they had bits of fun in them. this one had bits of fabric and lace. with a necklace we made from acorns I had. We cut fun things from card to roll up and stick in too. 
It was so nice to have her to have her here, she is a delight and so creative. 

Have a wonderful week!

10 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

So nice you were able to spend some time with your granddaughter. Looks like you had some fun together. Hope you have a great week!

Saundra said...

What a fun cartoon the first one is. Looks like you have a future rug project on your drawing table and looks like an original design. Glad you had a visit with B and wonder if she is warming up to rug hooking yet.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your wool room looks great, and what fun that Miss B likes to create...especially with her grandma (can't remember what you are called...lol!).
I had seen the meme about Phil's ex-wife and it just cracked me up.

Lady Locust said...

That is awesome that she also likes to stitch. Keep her goin'. :-)

michb said...

Love your column and your positive outlook toward life...Thanks every week i love forward to reading it!

Prims By The Water said...

How fun to create with sweet miss B! Love that wool room too! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a joy for you - and for Miss B - to enjoy each other's creativity. She is so fortunate to have a grandmother who can, and does, create with her and encourage her...and lucky you to have some one to "play" with. Those little walnut boxes are so sweet. Hope you share some of the gifts she made after the big day. Sorry to hear of your weather....that ice stuff to start things off is always so worrisome...and it has a knack of sticking around for a long, long, time. We still have ice on our roads from the first coating we received a long while ago. ~Robin~ (PS...love the legend of Calileach...that's a new one for me... TFS!)

Farm Girl said...

That is wonderful. I loved that picture in the top. I laughed and laughed. Grand daughters are such a blessing. Miss B is amazing. I hope you have more sunshine this week. I loved those walnut boxes.

yaya said...

I think Miss B is adorable..I love her glasses! What a fun time she had and how fun for you. We got that storm before you and I'm so over this winter. I'm sure we have more fun in store before it's truly Spring but I'll just continue to dream about gardening until then. I would never put my hope in a rodent that ends up as road kill around here! Ha! Have a good week Cathy!

Jeanie said...

Hello, and thank you so much for coming over to visit me at Marmelade Gypsy. I'm delighted to "meet" Miss B. What good fortune to have a lovely granddaughter who is enjoying crafting and stitching. I have a feeling I won't ever see that with my toddler twosome -- two active little boys who are very into trucks and trains! I love that you have a room for your wool, too! Mine is tucked everywhere, not the best organization here!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and Valentine's day and thank you again for your visit. ~ jeanie