Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Complete Joy..

Sweet B had school vacation and her mother who teaches in another district did not. she spent a couple of days with us. We went to the fabric store where I had to slow her down a bit or I would have had to Morgage the house lol. On the way home we went by Chaos and Kindness' venue, so we stopped and had a look around and bought a sweatshirt. Can you tell she loved it!!?

Back to the fabric store, we bought a pattern for a Harry Potter pillow. Now it has been many many years since I have delt with a pattern like that. But we made it! She added the eyes she felt he "looked a bit soulless" her words lol

She has crazy designs skills! She felt the bunnies needed the fabric pieces in the ears and maybe a baby in her pocket! She picked the fabric and buttons. She blew me away!

Here she is with her creations! 

See the duck with the red bow? She drew the pattern and sewed it and came up with a duck! She is 11!

She hand sewed and got on the sewing machine. 

She was getting ready to leave and wondered if she could have space in my closet for a few of her things she would like to come back to?
I love opening my closet and seeing this. 



So now that she is home, and the lovely chatter and busyness is gone from my room I have gone back to hooking. 

Another sneak peek.
***
We were in the mid 60's today the wind came up and the temps are dropping like a stone! A foot of snow is in the forecast for Friday. I am ready for spring! But it still is Feb for a little while anyway. 
Have a wonderful week!

10 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Well there are times I have to drag myself out of my fabric store, or I would need a 2nd mortgage now. LOL Sweet B is proving to be one creative gal! Cute pillow and bunnies...and that duck. Yep she is very creative! How nice she now has space in your craft room. I see more crafting happening in the future. That sneak peek of the tulips is really nice! Looking forward to seeing more. Janice

Saundra said...

I foresee a crafty business woman in the future. At 11 I was not using a sewing machine.

Dicky Bird said...

Oh how fun! I'm glad you had such a wonderful visit! She is very creative!

Julia said...

Miss B.'s creativity is evident in her creations. She did a lot in a couple of days.
I'm sure she is anxious to come back to sew some more and I bet her mind is already thinking of things to create next time.

I learned to use my mom's old treadle sewing machine at 8 years old, to sew hems on flannelette baby diapers for my mom. It made me feel so proud of myself. Way back then there were no disposable diapers.

I love the sneak peek of your spring rug.

We had rain yesterday and such heavy wind during the night, I thought the roof was going to fly off, lol...

Take care, I hope the snow misses you.

Hugs,
Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

What fun...for both of you!

TheCrankyCrow said...

That Miss B has one creative soul...Love those bunnies! She is so very blessed to have a grandmother who indulges her creativity...and you to have a granddaughter who feeds your joy. I don't know the store where she got her sweatshirt, but I like it!! Rain and then a foot of snow?? EEK...I thought we had it bad...we just have snow...then more snow...then a couple of inches of flurries...then more snow...oh, and cold. But this time of year, I don't think I'd be wanting any rain. Stay safe and well! ~Robin~

yaya said...

Wow, she is amazing and I think she gets it from you! I'm so glad you two had some fun times that will be cherished memories for both of you. It's hard to say no to Grandkiddos when shopping. For some reason I didn't have trouble saying no to my kids when they were little! Ha! The only thing I never said no to was when they wanted books. I never refused new books! I'm sorry your weather is crummy. Our is too. I really enjoyed those warm days but Spring will arrive eventually. Only a few more days of February. My bday is the last day of this short month and for some reason I always feel guilty when the weather is horrible during this time! I feel like I need to apologize for the snow and ice! So silly I know! Have a good weekend and stay safe!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your granddaughter' creative and original designs were fun to see and, of course, it is nice that you both share a similar passion. Miss B's designs made me smile, especially the duck with the red bow! yes, snow we got 8 inches yesterday (Friday) and returned from a 3-week road trip just in time to get out and grocery shop before the snow came. Today, the sun is out and most roadways are down to blacktop. Hope your winter blast wasn't too bad and Spring will be coming (one day).

Unknown said...

Your granddaughter is beautiful...I can see both parents in her face.
Tom

WoolenSails said...

What a blessing Miss B is, to you and I am sure the world someday.
The boys are still young for sitting too long, so we do simple crafts for now.

Debbie