Friday, October 22, 2021

Rugs At Rug School

One of the teachers was Cindy Irwin. She does amazing things with beads and rug hooking! Leaves beautiful


She did a little collection of purses so sweet...

And just amazing.

This is a horrid picture and I will try to get Lauri T's picture as she took a great one. This is a full size, completely beaded, flapper dress!!!

And this is a full size, completely beaded, wedding kind of dress!!!
Just beautiful!!!

 

This is by Laura Hubbard Tamworth NH. 
The scrolls are perfect!

Unfortunately I cannot see the tag on this rug but still pretty wonderful!

This is Creative Crewel hooked by Kathy Spellacy
She said she reduced the pattern by 1/4. I am not sure if this is part of her McGowan schooling or not but a lovely job!


Green Man was hooked by Faith Webster

This was hooked by Marlene Wheeler.
***
This is just a sampling of what was there!! 
More to come


7 comments:

Saundra said...

YES!!!! Cindy is a great teacher and also does well with primitive. I was in her class and she did well with me and my Primitive pattern. I'll be with her in April 2022.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great rugs! Such variety...although most of these look like they were done in finer cuts? I LOVE those little purses!!! How fun! Did Cindy do those dresses too??? I can't even begin to imagine!!! I am really liking that Creative Crewel one. ~Robin~

Julia said...

Some beautiful rugs. I really like the crewel one also and the black and white purse. The colors are just beautiful.
Thanks for sharing this, Cathy.
Hugs, Julia

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Beeeeeeutiful!!!

Love the wedding dress!!!!!!!

Very talented lady!!!!

🍁🌰🌻🍂🌻🌰🍁

Rugs and Pugs said...

Amazing pieces. The wedding dress was at Sauder this year and just unbelievable!

Dicky Bird said...

Wow, all are amazing pieces of art. I am partial to the leaves in the first picture.

Prims By The Water said...

What amazing rugs and I actually thought those hooked leaves were real. Never seen a dress like those before. Truly inspiring. Janice