It has cooled off a lot here very fallish. I baked a lemon poppy seed loaf. It is so delicious if I do say so myself.
I have an exercise class called bone builders. Today one of the instructors announced she has breast cancer and will be out for awhile. This is a woman who follows all the conventional wisdom of good food and exercise. And yet she did not escape cancer. So why do we bother? I opened a bag of chips and am enjoying them where normally I would I would give them a pass. Just feeling pretty sad about it all.
I had this book recommended. I find it very slow.
I am halfway through so I will continue. I was told I need to read Theo of Golden next, now to find it I think it is very popular.
********************
We have the granddog for the next few days.
We will stay close to home, the area will be very busy this holiday weekend.
On to fall!





2 comments:
Your bread looks very good.
Theo of Golden is the best book I've read in some time. I got it on my kindle and enjoyed it so much that I bought a copy which I've been passing around. Everyone that returns it says the same, so I think you will enjoy it!
I remember fussing at my mother when visiting her that she'd have cookies ice cream bars or other snacks at her side. She said she was old enough to enjoy what days she had left vs. restricting herself. So yes, there comes a time when one has worked on health and exercise that they (I) just want to enjoy those moments of lovely morsels. Oh my but those loaves look delicious and bet I could devour one by myself, lol.
Post a Comment