The cutest farm stand in our little town!
I had some sour milk to use up. I used it to make muffins. Of course I took a recipe from the internet and half way through I saw it called for no sugar. I added a quarter cup and and couple of spoons of blueberry jelly. They came out very good.
I am due for a big birthday next week eeeeek!
While at the beach my sweet friend gave me a bag of gifts. The apron I am wearing and this mix, lovely napkins, and tea.
I am completely obsessed with mahjon now.
Our regular spot has lots of summer people joining us. One amazing lady has got us started in when we win we get a duck and if we get a closed hand win we get a brass sparrow.(a much harder hand) I won all this Tue afternoon it was a good game day!
******
I am in a no sleeping or not much sleeping mode and I am exhausted. I passed up a lovely lunch today. I am having headaches which I never have. I would not have been good company.
Have a wonderful rest of your week.






15 comments:
Oh... I go through insomnia waves at times, and it is sooo exhausting. I hope you get some rest soon. I love your apron and gifts!!!
Happy Birthday next week!
The flowers are pretty, and hooray for the mahjong wins!
I’ll say it again. Retirement is THE BEST.
Happy early birthday 🥳
Happy upcoming birthday! I had a huge headache over the weekend and sinus issues. Yay for your Mahjong wins. Way to go! Janice
Happy Early Birthday! What sweet and thoughtful gifts from your friend. That apron is so very pretty. Congrats on the mahjong wins. Sound like you are becoming quite the pro. As I've mentioned many time before, sleep and I have not been on good terms for many years now, so I know what you are going through. I hope the Sandman finds you soon.
Oh! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well!! I know the feeling...Get better real soon!
Congrats on the Mahjong wins! Well played...
Happy week!
hugs
Donna
Happy almost 🎂to you and those gifts look lovely! Yes, mah jongg can be addictive that’s for sure and congrats on your wins. Hope you will be able to get some restful sleep soon, perhaps afternoon naps?
i don't know what mahjong is, i will have to google it. i love games and a good, set in stone, game night is so much fun!! good on those muffins, not to panic, you added good elements to make up for what they were missing. wishing you restful nights...good sleep is so important, i have to use a sleep aid!!
I also have those nights when I wake up to go pee and then can't go back to sleep even after 2-3 hours. My brain just won't shut off and it drifts from things I need to do, to memories, and no mater how many times I repeat "sleep, sleep, sleep' it just doesn't happen until miraculously it does.
Not sleeping well is the pits. It's hard to function when that's the case.
I have no idea how to play Mahjong but lots of people seem to enjoy it.
Lovely gifts from your friend. Wishing you an early Happy Birthday.
Happy almost birthday! I love your apron. I have a bunch but my faves that I wear daily are the smock ones because I have a tough time tying aprons with my bad shoulder. Love the flowers and I feel your pain with the sleep issue. I have that every so often but usually the night before I agree to work! Yikes! Do you ever try melatonin? It helps sometimes. Anyway, have a good weekend Cathy!
Beautiful flowers, and muffins!
I have never played mah jong but it seems to be very popular these days. I wonder if there is a group around me.
A happy almost birthday to you!
(Visiting from Granny Marigold's blog)
I hope you've gotten some sleep since you wrote this.
And happy birthday!
Your muffins look Yummy. I wish I had one to go with my coffee this morning. ; ) I'm not familiar with Mahjong. I hope you get some much needed sleep. I usually get up a few times during the night to go to the bathroom. ; ) Have a splendid August week.
Post a Comment