Sunday, May 31, 2026

A Blue Moon

A little bouquet to make dishwashing more fragrant.


I made some rhubarb compote. It's delicious!

An afternoon tea because it's raining again.

I found a couple of things at the dump this week.

I took this plate thinking I would use it under a plant. But somehow I can't. I think it is too pretty. 

We've been getting crazy weather. Pounding rain and cold, frosty cold, brrr.
And snow in our mountains! On our mount Washington, it was 5.5 inches with gale-force winds and minus 4 degrees.
I did the viral thing. Bought a man's shirt and redid it. And now I don't like it lol. 
******************
Happy June! Enjoy that blue moon.

13 comments:

Mari said...

The lilies of the valley are so pretty. I should have brought some of mine inside to enjoy. I bet that rhubarb compote was good.
Great finds at the dump. The plate is so pretty!
I hope your weather straightens out. It's June tomorrow!

Granny Marigold said...

Your weather sure is crazy! Hopefully June will bring an improvement..
Our sky is clear so I'm hoping to get a good look at the full moon tonight.

Mary and Chris said...

Did you finally manage to catch a glimpse of the Blue Moon? Also, I absolutely love this dish it reminds me of a beautiful, warm era from the past...

Boud said...

You're supposed to love the upcycled item! Let's hope for better weather in June for you. Our May had a lot of June like days, lovely. I hope June doesn't have July like days, hot and humid.

Jeanie said...

SNOW? Make it stop! And I love flowers on a kitchen sill. It makes time there so much lovelier!

Marcia said...

I read about that snow on Mt. Washington. We missed all the rain here Saturday as we were in N. New Jersey meeting up with friends we haven't seen for almost 8 years. Another couple was to join us too but he came down with a very bad cough and cold. Bed & Breakfast spot was a gem. Worth a return visit some day. Garden doing wonderful with all the rain.

Saundra said...

One side of my driveway has loads of lily of the valley and frankly haven't noticed if they have bloomed or not. Perhaps I need to pay attention and bring some in for me to enjoy.
There was one full week of rain daily here. Glad it moved on to another location, sorry.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Our weather has been lovely the past few days (well, at least since last Thursday???) although our nights are still cold and dip into the 40's. Think we're out of the snow/frost threat now...but we do still have snow on our mountain (just stuff that hasn't completely melted yet). I have a not-so-little collection of orphaned plates and such that were purchased with the thought that, if all else fails, I'd use them for plants...but can't bring myself to do it either. Your shirt is cute...I have seen that trend online and the ones being sold are pricey...So if you don't care for it, sell it. Yes, the blue moon was brilliant. Happy June!

Chatty Crone said...

Can't believe you still see snow there. I have never had rhubarb. I hear a lot of people like it though.

Veronica Lee said...

I love how you make everyday things special-- a bouquet for dishwashing, tea for the rain.
The plate is too pretty to hide, I agree.
Wishing you calmer skies and a happy June.

Debbie said...

love, love the pottery!! talk about crazy "whiplash" weather!!! i took a train ride up mt. washington is that the same as what you have by you??

Prims By The Water said...

I had a friend ask me why the moon was not blue. LOL He was serious. LOL UGH on having snow on your mountain. I am waiting for my lily of the valleys to bloom. Just leaves right now. Janice

Red Rose Alley said...

That pot that your flowers is in is charming, and I love your tea cup. You must like pottery pieces. That little tea saucer is pretty. I sometimes put candles on the tea saucers. We had lots of rain recently too. ; )