Sunday, September 22, 2024

The Scent Of Fall

We had a bit of rain yesterday and just before sunset voila!
It was a double rainbow but the top one was so faint I could not get it with my phone. 

I am walking everyday. when the leaves fall and start to dry up there is an earthy smell that I love. If only candles smelled like that. 

Today we took a ride to an apple orchard we had never been to before.

And after seeing this I have no I idea what took us to long to visit!
The views were amazing!!

Several varieties of plump juicy apples.

A family cemetery, such a lovely area. 2 young brothers run the orchard now.
He said his parents bought the property in the 70s. What a legacy! 

****

 
Just a little cooking how to. I had baked a butternut squash.
I cut the squash in half scooped out the seeds added bit of butter over it about a tablespoon over the whole thing. baked until soft at 400.
No need to peel. Just scoop out after baked. 
 I had some leftover from having it as a side dish with another meal. 

I took the leftover squash added some chicken stock until I was happy with the consistency and then added a little bit of cream to make it rich. Add what spices you like, I had an immersion blender to make it smooth. It was so perfect and a great way to use up leftovers. 

My daughter and I both love dilly beans. I am still getting string beans but not a lot. I had enough to fill this jar. I had just eaten the last of store bought dill pickles I had. I boiled the leftover pickle juice poured it over the beans in the jar. put it in the frig. And oh man perfect! I am hoping to make another jar before my beans quit for the season. 

The little old cemetary on my walk so peaceful.
Have a wonderful week.


No comments: