Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Fall Is That You???


On my walk today I noticed the shadows are so different from just a week ago.


Back to school today for my two loves. My daughter teaches and Sweet B is in her last year of middle school ugg. 


Here she is with her proud dad. He has a lot to be proud of with this young lady. 

 
Remember I told you last post we had no plans for the long weekend. Well that changed quickly. First we went to my husband's old high school buddy's house for a gathering and a boat ride Sunday. Monday 2 young men who helped us build our house 36 years ago wanted to stop by. What a joy it was to see them both! They are grandparents now! What!!!!Just where did the time go????
Then I got a message from my cousin in Maine they would be in my area could they stop by this morning? Yes and what a wonderful visit we had. They are at least 3 hours from us so we don't see each other often. So it turned out completely wonderful! With great fall weather to boot.

A blurry picture of a porcupine. He showed up about 6 pm and did not care one bit if we were walking around, talking and making noise. Do you think he lives nearby? I am guessing yes.

I am trying to stay off my phone, such a horrid habit. I worked on making a primitive pumpkin. It needs more stuffing and a face. The stem is not glued on yet. But it has been fun to create again. 

My dishwasher was not going through the whole cycle and jumping to clean when it hadn't released the soap yet. I went on youtube to figure out the issue. It was the door latch. It wasn't working properly voila works great now. (I hope) I was in no mood to purchase a new dishwasher I need front brakes, It is always something. 
9
Since it has been fallish type weather I baked individual 
chicken pot pies. I used puff pastry for the tops of them. They were quick and tasty using rotisserie baked chicken from the store, frozen mixed veggies and a can of cream of chicken soup. add milk, butter, spices and voila warm stick to your ribs dinner for very little money.
****
I am going to change some settings on my blog trying to get the comments to go to my email. If you get some strange message, yup that would be because it didn't work. Wish me luck.
Thank you so much for all the wonderful visits and comments I get to this blog. I read each one.
Have a great week!

17 comments:

Saundra said...

Hope you figure out what the problem is with messages be sure to let us all know. Not one message comes into my mail box any longer.

TheCrankyCrow said...

You are quite the social butterfly! Sounds like some fun, impromptu, get-togethers. Love your pumpkin! The shadows are getting longer here too, and are moving in more quickly. 'Tis the season. ~Robin~ (PS - your pot pies look fabulous!)

Marie Smith said...

It is hard to believe that summer is over and school is back again! Hope your family has a great school year!

Chatty Crone said...

I love those chicken pot pies - your crust is so high! I know you are proud of your daughter and granddaughter - school starting and all. You thought you were going to have a relaxing weekend and you had quite a surprise there with all the guests stopping in.

Bonnie K said...

This is not a brilliant question, but is that the same daughter in both photos? If it isn't they look amazingly the same. I like the porcupine photo. A boat ride would have been nice this weekend as it was quite hot. Can't wait to see what the pumpkin looks like when you are done.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Surprise visits are always nice when they are from special folks. Best wishes to your daughter and granddaughter for the school year. Chicken pot pies were on my dinner plan this week as we have some rotissiere chicken to use up and now I know that puff pastry would work.

Lauren said...

Miss B is such a beautiful young lady.
Your school year starts late…like when I was in school MANY years ago. Here in northern Ohio, many schools start the middle of August.
Crazy busy weekend for you but most enjoyable.
Fall is coming much too quickly for my liking.
I believe when I comment from my iPad (and can only do it for certain blogs), I show up as a no reply blogger.
Rugs and Pugs
I have never seen a porcupine up close and personal. Don’t know if we have them in my neck of the woods.

Granny Marigold said...

So much to comment on in today's post!! First of all I hope your daughter and also your granddaughter have very good school years.
I've never seen a porcupine. Yours seems very at ease with your presence.
Your primitive pumpkin is looking great ( can't quite figure out what it's made of though).
The Chicken Pot pie looks tasty.
After your lovely and busy weekend now it's back to normal again. Have a great September.

Prims By The Water said...

How fun to have lots of visitors stop by. Sweet B is growing up to be a fine young lady. My granddaughter is a senior in high school now. Where the the time go? Si glad that porcupine did not quill you. Our porcupines live more north of us so I have never seen one by me...but would rather have them than the snakes we do have. UGH Janice

JustGail said...

I had a giggle reading the pot pie instructions... at first I saw "add milk, butter, spices and warm stick "...?!?!? huh? Add a warm stick?!?! I had to take a few more (large!) sips of coffee and re-read it a couple of times before I read it correctly :-)
I've never seen a porcupine in real life. I did find a couple of quills for sale at an EGA show I attended, to use for needlework stiletto. Yes, I did buy them. No, I haven't yet used them.

Jeanie said...

Individual chicken pot pies -- fabulous idea. I think I need to do that, maybe for my next lunch with a small lunch group. (And a slightly bigger one for dinner with Rick.) Can you please send me (or post) more specific directions? This is out of my wheelhouse!

It all sounds like a wonderful time with good camaraderie. I love that!

Marcia said...

Our temps are much cooler in the morning now. Today I've had a light sweater on all day. Swamp maples around here are all red, some spooty color changes in other trees.

yaya said...

The changes are here for the end of this season. The darker mornings and earlier sun setting. I'm ready for Fall! Your lovely granddaughter is getting so tall! Almost as tall as her Mom! You all have much to be proud of with her! That porcupine looks much darker than ours until I realized I was thinking opossum not porcupine. I don't think I've ever seen one before. Anytime someone sends comments to my email, yahoo denies it. Still not sure how to fix that! Have a good day Cathy!

acorn hollow said...

We are slowly turning. I dread when fall is over
Cathy

Donna said...

Some days are just busy! lol Great to see friends...
That pot pie looks Wonderful!!
Happy weekend...
hugs
Donna

michb said...

Love your blog and your great attitude towards life..encouraging thanks

The Happy Whisk said...

Glad you figured out the washer problem. Most excellent. My phone has no Internet, no apps, no social media. I have a quiet phone. It's heaven.