Sunday, September 8, 2024

BRRR



It is a clear, very crisp day here in NH.
50's with a very busy wind. 

The colors are starting to show. It is hard to believe that this week will bring 80's all week. I am in no hurry to turn the heat on. 

On Thursday I was invited to lunch. To a beautiful home in Maine. This home is on a lake and it is a custom built home with amazing custom details. I did take photos but I did not ask permission to put them here so I will not. It was a gathering of rug hookers. And the food, so much food!!! 
I was so happy to be included in this group. We had such a good time.

 
I picked some of my hydrangeas ( I need a ladder to get the good ones) and I put a few of my fall/ halloween decorations out.
I finished the pumpkin I was working on. I like how it came out

I have been harvesting some of the veggies from my little garden.
I got about 3.5 lbs of potatoes. Not bad for two seed potatoes.
We had the string beans oh my they were so good. With the warm weather coming I expect to get more tomatoes.

My newest book from the library I got a bit of a start on it I like it so far. There is a waiting list for this book so I need to get on it.
****
Comments, I found the only way to get all the comments to go to your email is to moderate comments, so when you comment you will not see it pop up. I have to approve it from my email. I am doing this so I can make sure I am answering everyone. I was always feeling so badly that I forgot someone. 
*****
Not much on the calendar this week. I have a couple of closets to clean out. I want to do the spare room over and that closet is a dumping ground. 
Have a great week!!!


18 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

That home in Maine is beautiful and the beach - nice you got to go. And the produce looks magnificent!

TheCrankyCrow said...

That home on the lake sounds lovely - what a view! Your little pumpkin turned out adorable!!!! Your veggies look wonderful too. Your weather sounds much like ours although our warm-up started today as we are to get to 73...but the wind! "Busy" is quite right! I finished All the Colors of the Dark several weeks ago. It was good. I have so many books I don't know what to do with them. My friend down the road usually reads them when I am done but promptly returns them...and then they stack up. ~Robin~

Marie Smith said...

We are eating from the garden as well. Great results!

Rugs and Pugs said...

If you need another closet to clean when you are done, head my way. All of mine are in desperate need of attention.
Chilly here in Ohio, too, but it actually feels good to have the door and windows open for some fresh air. Trees are turning, but since we have been so dry, some leaves are just dried and and falling.
Your hooking get together sounds like a slice of heaven.
Pumpkin came out great!

Prims By The Water said...

It was in the brisk 40's here this morning. The trees are changing their colors a bit sooner around here. Janice

Mari said...

It's cool here too with bits of color showing up. However, it's supposed to warm up again this week.
The house on the lake sounds lovely!
I just read All the Colors of the Dark. It was so good!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Looks like a beautiful beginning to fall. Our temps here are still very warm, so your cooler fall temperatures sound so nice! Your gathering sounds wonderful. I would love to visit Maine one day. It is on my bucket list. I will have to look up that book and maybe put it on hold at the library. Thanks for the recommendation! Have a good week. See you again soon!

kathyinozarks said...

Yum to fresh garden produce. Sounds like a wonderful outing with your rug hooking friends too-that is very special. we are in the 80's here too most days, last night it got down into the 40's I just grab another blanket. we don't need the heat just yet. however if the woodstove was safe to use (she had a chimney fire) I would start a little fire. have a good new week
Kathy

Julia said...

Your red potatoes looks like my red Norland potatoes. We harvested them this past week. We've been eating them for quite a while and my beans have also been very productive this year. Nothing like fresh veggies from the garden.

Take care, hugs.
Julia

Donna said...

It's 55 degrees (12.8 C) here this morning! Loving it except for the sneezing! lol
hugs
Donna

Marcia said...

42º here this Monday morning and 62º in the house. I'd like to build our first fire of this cold season but Dan says to wait because it's warming to 80ºs later this week. Looking forward to a small vegetable garden next season - we've just ordered a raised bed to put next to the barn.

Saundra said...

Seems to me there is a movie on Netflix right now with the same name as your book. I'll have to check it out. Cold here in Delaware right now too and I had to get up in the middle of the wee hours to put the comforter on top of me. Is to get warmer in the days ahead, so says the weatherman.
Okay, will see if it works for me; I just changed my comment moderation from "never" to "always".

Jeanie said...

Oh Cathy, that sounds like such fun! Being with your friends in such a lovely spot is heaven! I'm glad you got the comments figured out. I think it will be chilly at the lake next time I go. But today -- stunning!

Granny Marigold said...

It sure is beginning to feel like Fall. Nice garden produce. I love all the fresh fruit & veggies available right now.

Saundra said...

I posted a comment here yesterday but don't see it. After reading your comment about turn on "moderation" I did the same on my blog and asked a couple friends to post a comment. They did so but their comments didn't come to my personal email for moderation nor did they show up on my blog. So I've since changed the moderation from "always" to "never". Hopefully my comments will at least show up on my blog even if not in my email.

Debbie said...

my garden was small this year and it did not do very well!! i so enjoy eating from the garden. our weather is changing also, cold nights, warm days!!

The Happy Whisk said...

This sounds like a wonderful time, Cathy. I love that. Very cool on a lot of good food, too.

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Temps in the 50's sound lovely...it's still in the high 80's here, but it's been teasing us with a few low nights. I'm ready to be done with heat and humidity! The beach chairs lined up look so inviting...just relax and listen to the peaceful sounds. sigh...