Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Zinnias!

while I have been busy I haven't taken a lot of pictures.
My sweet zinnias are in full bloom.
I vow next year to buy lots and lots of zinnia seeds. They are so beautiful this time of year when everything else is fading.

And just a few brighten up an area. Last night I hosted our women's group we were a smaller group of 7 instead of the 12 to 13 we usually have. But what fun we had catching up! New grand baby,wedding,vacations, etc etc.
I love this group so much. 

My naked ladies are so beautiful in full bloom. 
**********************
Today husband had a dr's appointment an hour south of us. So we took the opportunity to shop at ALDI's on the way home. It is much to far for us to go there on a weekly basis. I love their cheese selections and I stocked up on a few canned goods. I also grabbed some of their grass fed ground beef.

Tonight we went to concert on the common. Burgers from the fire dept. 10.00 bought 2 cheese burgers and 1 hotdogs and 2 drinks,and I didn't have to cook!

I finished my book this week in record time for me. Great read.
******
Tomorrow is the local church sale yippee. Even though I need nothing! But I am having thrifting withdrawal. Been staying out of the crowds this summer. 
***
We have such fun plans for the next week. Time with friends and family and some time at the beach in Maine. 
Summer I will miss you even though July was steamy.
****
Have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love Zinnias and plan to plant a lot more next summer! The book sounds good. I'm going to keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the recommendation! We used to shop at Aldi when we lived in Illinois and really saved some money, but no Aldi here in Utah. I miss it. Sounds like your week is going well. See you again soon!

Granny Marigold said...

I brought a bouquet of zinnias in today too. I couldn't find the seeds that I wanted in Spring. Luckily I had saved some from last years so I sowed those and they all grew.
Lucky you, you didn't have to cook 💗

Donna said...

I love zinnias...or most any flower that I can get to grow here! ol
hugs
Dona

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I love zinnias and keep wondering why I don't plant some in my vegetable garden every year. I must make a note! -Jenn

Debbie said...

zinnias are such beautiful, colorful flowers...a great addition to any garden. things are starting to fade in my garden and soon it will be time for a cleaning out!! it sounds like august has been fun, and reading has been good for your soul!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

How did you ever have time to work being so busy in retirement? I know that feeling all too well!
That was some cheap eats and I bet pretty yummy. We went to Five Guys yesterday. One single hamburger and one single cheeseburger, smallest fries available and no drinks. Over $22!!! (But oh, their fries are THE BEST!)
I hope you find some bargain goodies at the church sales.
Safe travels to Maine ~ a state I have not been to. Enjoy your family and beach time.

Marie Smith said...

Your get-together with friends sounds lovely! Summer is slipping by, sadly!

Prims By The Water said...

Every year I want to plant zinnias and every year I forget. Ugh Yours are so pretty. Have fun at the sale. Janice