Sunday, March 24, 2024

What Went Wrong?

Yes, you little rodent you did lie!!!!



It snowed and it snowed and it snowed all day Sat.
21 inches! The biggest storm all winter!

This sweet little bird kept looking in the window wondering why there are green plants in there. There was a feeding frenzy all day at the feeder. 

I can't remember if this is the 3rd or 4th year, but they are back!
from just bare sticks to this, what a money saver. That is what that sweet little bird kept looking at poor little guy.

 What do you do on a snowy day?
A large cup of tea and book or...

Beat my husband at baseball! A new game for us made locally. I know nothing about baseball but no matter I won both games. 

I had two baking fails this week. This was a carrot cake muffin I got the recipe online. Not sure what went wrong but in the garbage they went. The second one was a king Arthur Four mix. I still have no idea what went wrong there. I contacted them and they were so wonderful trying to trouble shoot it for me and they are replacing that scone mix. I am a rewards member, and I am so faithful to them for that reason. The personal care you get when you have a question or problem.
****
We are getting ready for Easter my husband's family comes for egg hunts and dinner (all 26 of them) and it is the one time of year we get to have my daughter and family overnight. 
Have a wonderful week!


13 comments:

Saundra said...

OH MY! Lots of snow for you and lots of water for me. Both are problems for each of us. Poor birdie is confused.
You've got a huge gathering to plan for. Don't think I've ever had 26 people for dinner.

Rugs and Pugs said...

That's a LOT of snow. Hopefully it won't stick around long...and be gone before Easter.
I need to get my geraniums out of the fruit cellar and plant them to see if I am as lucky as you!
Your Easter gathering is HUGE! I am sure I don't even have 26 family members.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Easter! Enjoy having your family with you! See you again soon!

Marie Smith said...

You have a busy, family-filled week ahead. Enjoy!

Marcia said...

We got lots of snow too. I watched the avalanches come off the barn roof yesterday. It comes off the house and we hear a thud! we now have icebergs all along the house from what has come off the roof.
I bagged by geranium last fall and have yet to take it out! Haven't even looked at it. Need a warm day but wonder when that will be.

Chatty Crone said...

Wow you got blasted for sure!
I like King Authur flour as well.
So you are having 26 people over for Easter - that sounds like a blast.
Love, sandie

TheCrankyCrow said...

EEEK....21". That will teach me to complain about 11+". Even if added with the 5" we had 2 days before it doesn't measure up. But we knew the early spring wouldn't last. Bummer about the baking flops. I love KA flour and products although I think I've only ever used 1 of their mixes. And online recipes can be quite the gamble. My Easter plans are up in the air for now. I asked my son over but haven't heard back yet. If they don't come, I won't cook.... I'll boil some eggs and call it good. LOL. ~Robin~

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

That is incredible! Your cup of tea is just the right thing for a snowy day. Keep warm and cozy!

Bonnie K said...

What a bummer! That snow is soul crushing. I do like your cup of tea and the geranium looks great. Very cool about King Arthur Flour helping. Grandma was my help line, but now she has passed. The only problem is sometimes her solution was to knead it until it feels right.

The Happy Whisk said...

Some here with snow. though gone this minute. likely to return. I love the cup!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yikes, Cathy, you folks in northern part of NH really got clobbered by the weekend storm. here in Nashua, NH, we had a couple of inches of snow followed by freezing rain and then just all rain for the rest of the day. There are a few bits of snow here and there but it's mostly all gone. Your plan on how to spend a snow day was perfect. Your Easter gathering should be a lot of fun with so many folks.

Debbie said...

even though the rodent lied, the snow is still beautiful and i am sure it will be your last!! and just think of the added options when hiding those easter eggs!! i enjoy games on a snow day, and perhaps a puzzle. enjoy your party, 26, that's a lot of people!!

yaya said...

I'm so sorry for the snow. I have friends in Maine that have the same issue. I hope it melts before Easter! We've had cold the week I was in Chicago and the furnace wasn't working right. Thankful for the wood furnace backup but all's good now and the weather is more March like..up and down and I even mowed on Monday...yikes! Have a wonderful Easter. I hate when my baking goes south. I've been using King Arthur flour because of you! I love it. Take care Cathy!