Sunday, March 17, 2024

May The Luck Of The Irish Possess You


Well what do you know part of the pot of gold!
(I can wish can't I?)

I spent over night with my grand and we made some Easter magic.

Easter crystals or Geodes. A fun project it takes overnight and now we wait for them to dry out to be super sparkly.  

She wanted to go shopping so off we went. We went to the lindt store and they have a hot chocolate/ coffee bar. You gather the truffles you want in your drink and they put them in with the coffee or cocoa and the truffles melt. To say they were decadent would be an understatement.


The last dog walk of the evening looked like this so pretty. 
The hooking is done and the crochet  binding is done just not the finish on the back. I did the crochet with yarn.  I am going to finish it so a dowel can be slid into the top and bottom so I can hang this crazy lady liberty on my porch in July. 
(The color in the photo is not great)



Ok my hamburger casserole
this is for a smaller one
Now take a big breath and know you can change this to how you would like it. I know some of you want exact measurements and do not change it at all but this is great to use your own creativity.

2 pieces of bacon
1 lb of hamburg
1/2 to a whole package of riced cauliflower.
1/2 onion chopped (You could also add peppers, mushrooms, etc)
(I had fresh cauliflower I used about a 1/3 of a head cropped and put it through the food processor raw)
1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, I used Cheddar
1 tab of sour cream
(use mayo, yogurt, etc)
1/4 tsp of worcheshire sauce
salt and pepper to your taste

I cooked the bacon in my frypan, take it out when done, set aside.
put hamburg, onions in same fry pan (or whatever else)
cook until the hamburg is just done.
take out of pan drain any extra fat left in pan.
put in cauliflower for just 2 to 3 minutes add hamburg back in
add 1 cup of cheese, sour cream, worchestire sauce, S&P.
put into a greased baking pan. I used an 8x8 pan. 
Spread it out evenly put the 1/2 cup of cheese on the top.
Put in 400 degree oven for about 20 mins. (Keep checking to see if it is hot and bubbly and the cheese on the top is all melted) 
after I take it out of the oven I sprinkled the bacon I cooked and chopped on the top. I also had green onions to use up. Let it sit for at least 5 min. 
Because I made this as a burger I served it with shredded lettuce and tomato on the top. I like pickles on my burger husband does not so I put some on mine. Then you can drizzle ketchup, mayo, mustard whatever you like on your burger. 

If you want a pizza taste use all the pizza flavors, galic, basil, oregano, etc.  Put mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar and put a bit of tomato sauce instead of sour cream in it. Or let your imagination go wild!
This recipe fed husband and I twice and he loved it. 
I did't feel I needed anything with it because of the lettuce and tomato on the top. This is very low carb and has lots of veggies. 
(I am sure you can use ground turkey instead of beef if You want.)

Let me know if you make it and how you liked it. 


14 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Your recipe sounds delicious, good times with your grand daughter too Your drinks sounded like a wonderful treat.
we are super super windy here today and cooler-well it is march-smiles.

Marie Smith said...

A night with grandchildren…wonderful.

The recipe looks delicious!

TheCrankyCrow said...

That photo of your dog walk is amazing - that sky is incredible! I am very curious about those egg geodes. Please let us know how they turn out. I miss the crafts I used to do with my son when he was little....anxiously waiting for my grand to be old enough to enjoy that as well while, at the same time, trying not to wish your days as a little one away. Ohhh, the Lindt treat definitely does sound decadent - and delicious. Lady Liberty turned out fabulous. Thanks for sharing the recipe. It's going in my to-try pile. Hope you enjoyed your St. Patrick's Day! ~Robin~

yaya said...

That recipe looks like one we would like so I'll let you know when I make it! A fun day with Miss B and I think you always find some creative things to do. Awesome! I hope Spring find your area this week although today we did have snow showers but no accumulation. Off to visit my Sis tomorrow! Have a good week Cathy!

Saundra said...

Congrats on a whimsical folk art Lady Liberty finish. Be sure to take a photo of it hanging proudly on your porch too.
The egg geodes event intrigues me and I've never heard of that before.

Chatty Crone said...

I've never had hot chocolate like that - cool.
The Easter Eggs looked different too.
Made a copy of your recipe - thank you!

Betty said...

Your rug..it's wonderful! Betty

Jeanie said...

That sounds like a super fun me! Love the geodes -- have no idea how to do that but I must find out. And I am wild about your Lady Liberty -- she's fabulous! Well done. Thanks for the recipe.

Granny Marigold said...

Sparkly Easter Geodes sound like a great project to do with grands.

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Wow the Easter geodes are beautiful - how clever! my favorite hot chocolate combination is orange and chocolate, sometimes I’ll break up a Lindt orange dark chocolate candy bar, and let it melt in my hot chocolate. Yours with the truffles, must’ve been wonderful!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That hot chocolate is something we would enjoy, the more decadent the better when it comes to chocolate. What flavors did you and your granddaughter enjoy? Those egg crystals looked like an interesting project and totally new to me, looking forward to seeing the final results. The last dog walk of the day was a beautiful sight.

Debbie said...

i LOVE hot chocolate, it is my go to drink if i am out, i do not drink coffee. the easter eggs are so pretty, i am still trying to decide if i am going to dye eggs. my great nieces are going to be away so probably not!! your hamburger casserole sounds really goo, i like the ingredients you used!!

Prims By The Water said...

Lady Liberty will stand proud on your porch. That hot chocolate sounds amazing. Janice

The Happy Whisk said...

Hot chocolate and magic eggs. Sounds wonderful.