Thursday, August 10, 2023

A Walk In The Park

Henery David Thoreau 1817-1862
sculptured by Janice Corkin Rudolf 
of Concord, Ma 
An American naturalist and essayist, poet, and philosopher. 
He is best known for his book Walden a reflection of simple living in natural surroundings. That book is very relevant today as it was then.
This sculpture is in the park in Meredith NH. There are lots of new sculptures this year in the park and it made for a nice walk for husband and me while eating an ice cream to end the day Sunday. 

Catching The Wind
by Steven Hayden 
Meredith NH
I love this one he really captured the sense of wind and movement. 

Icosahedron
by Kirk Seese
Lutherville, MD
The sculpture spins. 

Eye Of the Beholder
David Adilman
Andover, Ma
If you enlarge the picture, you can see through the open part looks directly at the Native American sculpture on the island in front of it. 

Balancing Act
Josie Campbell Dellenbaugh
Glastonbury, CT

I did not get the information on this sculpture for some reason.
It is very appropriate as it is a loon on the banks of the Winnipesaukee. 

Asteroid
Drew Klotz
Weston, CT
This sculpture is in preputial motion.

mega Dandelion
Gints Grinbergs
Dedham, MA


Again, I do not have the information on this sculpture.

Spark of Creativity
Nick Pugh 
Gilmanton, NH
This is just a small sample of the sculptures in this area. 


It was a beautiful evening and there were boats everywhere!! Lined up waiting for docking space to go to one of the many restaurants within walking distance.

I love birch trees, and these were so lovely in the afternoon light. 

Speaking of trees this one was heavy with Cormorants settling in for the evening. If you enlarge it, you can see there are birds all through this tree. 



Last but far from least I met my sweet friend for dinner last night. 
We celebrated my birthday with drinks and dinner and a bag of wonderful gifts. I am so very blessed!
We took at walk after, and we saw a mink with a fish in its mouth! The poor little critter was so surprised at all the people around but made it's get a way into the lake. 
***
Have a wonderful Day!


17 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

good morning, lovely post-I enjoyed all the sculptures happy birthday-hugs from the lake

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Happy Birthday!
Sounds like you had a good time. Perfect evening.
Lovely sculptures, they are all favorites.

Thoreau is my 4th or 5th cousin remove a few times, sharing a grandmother. He helped my great great grandfather bring his family over to Concord from Ireland.

Granny Marigold said...

Hi Cathy, those sculptures are quite amazing. The Eye of the Beholder is my favourite and I went back twice just to look at it.
Happy Birthday 🎈🎈🎈
Granny Marigold

TheCrankyCrow said...

What incredible works of art! I love Eye of the Beholder and Catching the Wind especially well. Sounds like a wonderful little getaway for you. Keep enjoying! Some of us are living vicariously LOL. ~Robin~

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The sculptures made for an interesting walk while enjoying the ice cream, Cathy. Admittedly, I was waiting to see a final ine of yiu and your husband enjoying your treats.

Julia said...

The sculptures are very interesting and I, like others, like the Eye of the Beholder.

You are really having a wonderful summer. Happy Birthday, Cathy.
Hugs,
Julia

Marie Smith said...

The sculptures are beautiful. The one with the opening to the island is my favourite but all are great.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun to see and such a variety of styles. Also Happy Birthday 🎈

Anonymous said...

PS not anonymous- Lady Locust 🤪

yaya said...

What a wonderful place to stroll on a beautiful day! I love the sculptures. So interesting! I'm glad you had a nice lunch with a good friend to celebrate your birthday. Have a good Friday! Now that you're retired the days flow into one big day and the weekends are constant!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the sculptures in the park. Looks like a lovely place to stroll. So nice you could have lunch with your friend to celebrate your birthday. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Rugs and Pugs said...

So many cool works of art!
I did not realize Thoreau died so young.

Liz Hinds said...

What a lovely variety of sculptures.

acorn hollow said...

Thanks for the visit yes wonderful sculptures!

acorn hollow said...

Thank you for your sweet visit lady locust!

acorn hollow said...

Yes there is
Thanks for the visit

Prims By The Water said...

What wonderful sculptures. Happy belated birthday. The drink looked good. We have cormorants here too. I also love seeing the occasional mink. Janice